News: Telefonica SA (TEF.N)
Mon, Sep 29 2014
FRANKFURT - Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris would invest in Telecom Italia as long as the company kept its stake in Brazilian mobile operator TIM Participacoes , he said on Monday, as foreign bid interest picks up in the struggling operator.
(Adds Deere, Pfizer, Pershing Square Capital Management, Spirit Pub, Alstom, Procter & Gamble, Total, ZF Friedrichshafen, WSE, Jost Group, Grupo Oi, Eurobank Ergasias, UniCredit and Telefonica)
MEXICO CITY/PARIS - Mexico has received its first bid from a consortium to build a $10 billion state-owned mobile network, a linchpin of efforts to break the hold of Carlos Slim's America Movil on telecom services.
BRASILIA - Spain's Telefonica SA has resolved the antitrust concerns it faced in Brazil by getting rid of its Telecom Italia stake in a deal finalized on Friday to acquire local broadband provider GVT, according to two government sources.
BRASILIA, Sept 19 - Spain's Telefonica SA has resolved the antitrust concerns it faced in Brazil by getting rid of its Telecom Italia stake in a deal finalized on Friday to acquire local broadband provider GVT, according to two government sources.
(Adds Exxon Mobil, Deutsche Bank, Advent International, American Beacon Advisors, Vinci, Lafarge, Chevron and Phones 4U)
(Adds Trian Fund Management, Verizon, Endesa, TIM, Allianz, Sulzer, Perutnina Ptuj, Espirito Santo Financial Group, Falabella, UniCredit, Abertis, IAC/Interactive Corp, Hess Corporation, Merck & Co, PZU and Mediobanca)
BRUSSELS, Sept 17 - EU telecoms regulators plan to scrap price caps on fixed phone calls in Europe in a move likely to give a revenue boost to Orange, Telecom Italia and other operators.
(Recasts with share reaction, Oi filing on option given to Portugal Telecom)
* Deal financed by hybrid bond, capital increase (Adds confirmation, details)
- Why European Stocks Are Attractive Now
- Is Telecom Italia Selling Its Latin American Businesses?
- European Indices Rise as Scottish Independence Skeptics Win Poll; SAP deal falls flat
- Telefonica: A Superior Yield Play With A Target Price Of $25
- America Movil Seeks Brazil Expansion by Partnering With Oi for Tim
- Wall Street Breakfast: Electrolux To Acquire GE Appliance Business For $3.3B
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks Technical Data - AT&T, Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, Cincinnati Bell, and Telefonica
- Telefonica and Brocade Establish Benchmarks for NFV Deployment and Performance in Joint Reference Lab Tests
- Telefónica Achieves a Net Profit of 1,903 Million Euros in the First Semester of the Year and Confirms Its Operating and Financial Targets for 2014
- Technical Data on Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks -- Portugal Telecom SGPS, Telefonica Brasil, Orange, Telefonica, and Vodafone
- Recognitions, Launches, Agreements, and Annual Shareholder Meeting Results - Analyst Notes on Riverbed Technology, Telefónica, China Digital TV, Monolithic Power Systems and Extreme Networks
- Technical Data on Telecommunication Services Equities -- Research on Vodafone, Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri, Telefonica, and Orange
- Operational Updates, Device Protection Programs, Accelerator Programs, Recognitions, and Partnerships - Analyst Notes on AT&T, Sprint, Orange, TW Telecom and Telefonica
- Telefónica Reports a Net Profit of 692 Million Euros as of March and Reiterates All of Its Operational and Financial Guidances for 2014
- Telefonica I+D and Infinera Collaborate to Demonstrate Network-as-a-Service Using SDN
- Telefónica’s Net Profits up by 17%, Widely Surpassing Its Debt Reduction Objective