News: Telefonica SA (TEF.N)
Wed, Oct 15 2014
* Deutsche Telekom caught a second time for "margin squeeze"
LISBON/PARIS - Altice , a holding company backed by billionaire cable entrepreneur Patrick Drahi, wants to enter into exclusive talks with Brazil's Oi to buy its Portuguese telecoms operation, sources familiar with the situation said on Thursday.
(Rewrites throughout, adds share performance, background on earlier report that TIM hired Bradesco for Oi bid)
Lead Manager(s) BBVA, CA-CIB, CaixaBank, MUFG, RBS, SANTANDER
BRUSSELS - Deutsche Telekom, Orange SA and Telefonica did not squeeze out Internet rivals, EU antitrust regulators said, in a case emblematic of the tussle between web companies and telecoms operators.
* Case underlines tension between telcos, web firms (Adds Orange comment, details)
MADRID - Telefonica lost mobile clients in its Spanish home market in July for the 39th straight month, although it snapped up new lucrative optic fiber contracts to maintain its quasi monopoly in that fast-growing business.
MADRID, Oct 3 - Telefonica lost mobile clients in its Spanish home market in July for the 39th straight month, although it snapped up new lucrative optic fibre contracts to maintain its quasi monopoly in that fast-growing business.
BRUSSELS, Oct 3 - EU antitrust regulators closed on Friday an investigation into Deutsche Telekom, Orange SA and Telefonica, saying they had found no evidence the telecoms providers shut out rivals in the Internet contents market.
FRANKFURT - Egyptian tycoon Naguib Sawiris would invest in Telecom Italia as long as the company kept its stake in Brazilian mobile operator TIM Participacoes , he said on Monday, as foreign bid interest picks up in the struggling operator.
- What Is Going On At Oi SA?
- Wall Street Breakfast: Tesla To Unveil 'D' And Something Else
- Why European Stocks Are Attractive Now
- Is Telecom Italia Selling Its Latin American Businesses?
- European Indices Rise as Scottish Independence Skeptics Win Poll; SAP deal falls flat
- Telefonica: A Superior Yield Play With A Target Price Of $25
- Technical Updates on Diversified Telecommunication Stocks - Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, BCE Inc., Cincinnati Bell, and Telefonica
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks Technical Data - AT&T, Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, Cincinnati Bell, and Telefonica
- Telefonica and Brocade Establish Benchmarks for NFV Deployment and Performance in Joint Reference Lab Tests
- Telefónica Achieves a Net Profit of 1,903 Million Euros in the First Semester of the Year and Confirms Its Operating and Financial Targets for 2014
- Technical Data on Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks -- Portugal Telecom SGPS, Telefonica Brasil, Orange, Telefonica, and Vodafone
- Recognitions, Launches, Agreements, and Annual Shareholder Meeting Results - Analyst Notes on Riverbed Technology, Telefónica, China Digital TV, Monolithic Power Systems and Extreme Networks
- Technical Data on Telecommunication Services Equities -- Research on Vodafone, Turkcell Iletisim Hizmetleri, Telefonica, and Orange
- Operational Updates, Device Protection Programs, Accelerator Programs, Recognitions, and Partnerships - Analyst Notes on AT&T, Sprint, Orange, TW Telecom and Telefonica
- Telefónica Reports a Net Profit of 692 Million Euros as of March and Reiterates All of Its Operational and Financial Guidances for 2014
- Telefonica I+D and Infinera Collaborate to Demonstrate Network-as-a-Service Using SDN