News: Telefonica SA (TEF.N)
6 May 2015
Tue, May 5 2015
PARIS - Orange has begun talks with several potential buyers for parts of Jazztel's fiber network, which it has agreed to sell to get regulatory approval for the takeover of the Spanish broadband company.
MADRID - Telefonica's move to hike prices in Spain is a bold bet that could finally draw a line under a six-year slump, cut the firm's reliance on Latin America and give it a leg up over rivals on the lucrative premium telecoms market, sources and analysts say.
MADRID, April 29 - Telefonica's move to hike prices in Spain is a bold bet that could finally draw a line under a six-year slump, cut the firm's reliance on Latin America and give it a leg up over rivals on the lucrative premium telecoms market, sources and analysts say.
VALENCIA, Spain, April 21 - Bailed-out Spanish lender Bankia said on Tuesday it would ask a court to freeze the assets of former boss Rodrigo Rato, also an ex-International Monetary Fund chief, as it grapples with the fallout of its ill-fated 2011 listing.
* The rights issue was to help fund the purchase of Vivendi's Brazilian unit GVT Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Tomas Cobos; Writing by Paul Day)
MADRID, April 14 - Spain's Telefonica is open to offering its rivals rights to premium television content at low prices to ease anti-trust concerns over its planned acquisition of pay-per-view platform Canal+, a source close to the company said on Tuesday.
* Accenture and Alcatel-Lucent announce four-year agreement with Telefonica to deploy Alcatel-Lucent's motive customer experience management software
* Comptel has won deal with New Telefonica Group Customer in South America
ALICANTE, Spain - Volvo Ocean Race's six-strong fleet, already battered by the Southern Ocean, sails in to the toughest part of the nine-month marathon offshore challenge over the next two days.
MADRID, March 27 - Spanish telecoms group Telefonica could see 2015 earnings hit by up to 437 million euros ($473 million) from a tax fine in Peru, the company said in a prospectus, adding that it could still appeal the ruling.
- The 10 Best Stocks For The Next 10 Years
- 5 Solid Dividend Stocks With 5%-Plus Yields
- Wall Street Breakfast: Kraft, Heinz Announce Mega Merger
- Wall Street Breakfast: China Growth Worries Surface Again
- Wall Street Breakfast: China Cuts Benchmark Interest Rates Again
- Telefonica (TEF) Downgraded From Buy to Hold
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Equities Coverage -- Frontier Communications, Windstream Holdings, O.i S.A., Telefonica Brasil, and Telefonica
- Accenture and Alcatel-Lucent helping Telefonica enhance experience for consumers in Europe and Latin America
- Diversified Telecommunication Stocks under Review -- Globalstar, Level 3 Communications, Vonage Holdings, Telefonica, and 8x8
- Telefónica Achieves a Net Profit of 3,001 Million Euros in 2014, is Now Back on the Path to Organic Growth of Income (+2.6%) and OIBDA (+0.2%) and Announces the Beginning of a New Cycle
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks Technical Data -- Frontier Communications, Windstream Holdings, CenturyLink, Telefonica, and Orange
- Diversified Telecommunication Equities Technical Analysis - Windstream Holdings, Frontier Communications, Level 3 Communications, Telefonica, and Iridium Communications
- Integrated Telecommunication Services Stocks Under Review - Verizon Communications, Frontier Communications, Telefonica, BCE Inc., and Portugal Telecom
- Telefónica Accelerates Its Growth and Reaches a Net Income of 2,849 Million Euros Until September
- Telefonica and Brocade Establish Benchmarks for NFV Deployment and Performance in Joint Reference Lab Tests
- Telefónica Achieves a Net Profit of 1,903 Million Euros in the First Semester of the Year and Confirms Its Operating and Financial Targets for 2014