TJX Companies Inc (TJX)
26 May 2017
Tue, May 16 2017
TJX Cos Inc , the owner of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stores, posted its slowest comparable-store sales growth in more than 10 quarters and forecast a disappointing current-quarter profit, adding to the gloom in the retail industry.
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct in early trading (Adds details, analyst comment; Updates shares)
May 16 TJX Cos Inc, the owner of off-price chains T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, on Tuesday posted its slowest comparable-store sales growth in more than 10 quarters, adding to the gloom in the retail industry.
* TJX Companies Inc - announces 20% increase in common stock dividend
* TJX Cos - Q4 EPS growth negatively impacted by 3 percent due to wage increases and 5 percent due to foreign currency and transactional foreign exchange -conf call
TJX Cos Inc , the operator of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls stores, reported better-than-expected profit and comparable store sales, as its discounted offerings attracted shoppers during the holiday season.
* Raises qtrly dividend by 20 pct to 3.25 cents/shr (Adds analysts' comments, Q4 details; updates shares)
* Announces plans to increase dividend 20% and buy back $1.3b to $1.8b of stock
Feb 22 TJX Cos Inc, the parent company of T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, reported better-than-expected comparable store sales on Wednesday, and raised its quarterly dividend.
- Why TJX Is A Compelling Short At $74
- Southwest Airlines: The Best Buyback In The S&P 500
- This Off-Price Retailer Is The Antithesis Of Amazon
- Barron's And I Both Agree: TJX Companies And Ross Stores Will Thrive In An Amazon World
- Tracking Ole Andreas Halvorsen's Viking Global Portfolio - Q1 2017 Update
- Amazon: The Emporia Strike Back