News: Toyota Motor Corp (TM)
7 Mar 2014
DETROIT - General Motors Co needs to get through its ignition-switch recall and the resulting federal investigation quickly to avoid any lasting damage to its brand, but the federal probe could keep the problem in the public eye for at least six months.
(Corrects name of company to Braemar Energy Ventures, last paragraph)
GENEVA, March 5 - If Volkswagen wants to beat Toyota to the global autos throne, it can't afford to take its foot off the gas in mass-market cars.
DETROIT, March 4 - EcoMotors, a Michigan-based engine maker backed by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and venture capitalist Vinod Khosla, has formed a joint venture in China with a subsidiary of First Auto Works.
SYDNEY, March 5 - Sales of new vehicles in Australia edged up in February, from the previous month, but still lag the strong pace set early last year, an industry report showed on Wednesday.
* Says will keep trying to meet internal cost requirements
March 4 - The following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
GENEVA - Toyota Motor Corp expects to sell more than 865,000 vehicles in Europe this year, up from 847,530 in 2013, helped by a gradually recovering market and the popularity of its hybrid models, the head of its European operations said on Monday.
GENEVA, March 3 - Toyota Motor Corp expects to sell more than 865,000 vehicles in Europe this year, up from 847,530 in 2013, helped by a gradually recovering market and the popularity of its hybrid models, the head of its European operations said on Monday.
DETROIT, March 3 - U.S. auto sales in February finished even with the year-earlier period as hefty incentives to lure customers into dealerships late in the month could not overcome cold and snowy weather.
- Retail Customers Propel Toyota's February 2014 Sales<7203.T>
- Lance Gross, Tatyana Ali and Green Experts Discuss Eco-Friendly Lifestyles with MTV's SWAY at the CIAA Fan Experience<7203.T>
- National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) Tackles Education Challenges at Annual Summit<7203.T>
- The National Center for Families Learning and Toyota Partner to Ignite Imaginations Across the Nation<7203.T>
- TOYOTA Takes Philadelphia Auto Show Guests Beyond the Booth<7203.T>
- Toyota Becomes First Founding Partner of Historic DAYTONA Rising Project At Daytona International Speedway<7203.T>
- Toyota Motor Sales Is No. 1 Retail Manufacturer In January 2014<7203.T>
- Toyota To Heat Up Frigid Chicago With Action-Packed Auto Show<7203.T>
- Disney's "Muppets Most Wanted" Hitch A Ride With Toyota For A Super Bowl First<7203.T>
- Toyota's Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle Moves East to the Washington Auto Show<7203.T>