News: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc (TMO)
12 Dec 2013
Wed, Dec 4 2013
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, December 04 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has downgraded Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.'s (Thermo Fisher) ratings, including the long-term Issuer Default Rating (IDR), to 'BBB' from 'BBB+' and has assigned a 'BBB' rating to the proposed senior notes. The long-term IDR of Life Technologies Corp. (Life Tech) is concurrently affirmed at 'BBB'. Thermo Fisher plans to acquire Life Tech and will assume $2 billion of outstanding debt at
(Adds GE, Hellman, Rogers, Vodafone, Naspers, CME, Aeropostale, Rosneft, Carlyle, Aker, Elliott, Merck, CWB, Hexagon, Icahn, Bank of Cyprus, Bank of Ireland, Gazprom, Vivendi, Banco Popolare, Intesa, Hutchison Whampoa, Alitalia, MOL, Moncler)
BRUSSELS, Nov 26 - The following are mergers under review by the European Commission and a brief guide to the EU merger process:
BRUSSELS - European Union antitrust regulators cleared on Tuesday Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's proposed $13.6 billion takeover of Life Technologies Corp , after the U.S. company agreed to sell three units to ease competition concerns.
BRUSSELS, Nov 26 - European Union antitrust regulators cleared on Tuesday Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc's proposed $13.6 billion takeover of Life Technologies Corp, after the U.S. company agreed to sell three units to ease competition concerns.
Nov 21 - OraSure Technologies Inc : * Announces new agreement with Thermo Fisher Scientific for development and
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc , the world's largest maker of laboratory equipment, reported a 9 percent rise in quarterly profit due to strong sales of its diagnostic devices, and the company raised the low end of its full-year results forecast.
Oct 23 - Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc, the world's largest maker of laboratory equipment, reported a 9 percent rise in quarterly profit due to strong sales of its diagnostic devices, and the company raised the low end of its full-year results forecast.
DALLAS, Oct 3 - The U.S. Federal Reserve should focus less on the short-term outlook for inflation and look to policies that bring inflation back up to its 2-percent target over the long term, a top Fed official said on Thursday.
FRANKFURT - Investors banking on Bayer to embrace a trend in the pharma sector to split off non-core units may be too far ahead of the curve.
- Life Sciences Offer Good Growth With Much Less Risk Than Biopharmaceuticals
- The Deal: Brief Concern over Life Tech. Deal Tweaks Stock
- Tracking John Paulson's Paulson & Company Portfolio - Q3 2013 Update
- What Shutdown? Illumina Rises Above The Noise
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Management Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Discusses Q3 2013 Results (Webcast)
- Stock Movements, Offered Senior Notes, and Company Announcements - Research Report on Perrigo, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Endo, Waters, and Keryx
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Prices Offering of Senior Notes
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Announces Offering of Senior Notes
- Regulatory Approval, Requisite Consents and Expiration of Consent Solicitations, and Stock Price Movements - Research Report on Thermo Fisher, Endo, Perrigo, Keryx, and Waters
- New Agreements and Stock Movements in Healthcare Companies - Research Report on Abbott, Thermo Fisher, Intuitive Surgical, Mindray, and Zeltiq
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Receives Clearance from the European Commission for its Acquisition of Life Technologies
- Early Briefing and Review: Organovo Holdings Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Laboratory Corp. of America Holdings
- Achievements, Appointments, FDA Approvals, Partnerships and New Products - Research Report on Thermo Fisher Scientific, Forest Laboratories, CareFusion, Varian Medical Systems, and Molina Healthcare
- Scheduled Conferences, Product Breakthroughs, and Approvals - Research Report on Mylan, Baxter, Actavis, Thermo Fisher, and BD
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Declares Quarterly Dividend