News: Travelers Companies Inc (TRV)
22 Oct 2014
Tue, Oct 21 2014
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a better-than-expected rise in quarterly operating profit, helped by higher net investment income and a fall in disaster-related losses.
Oct 21 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 6 percent rise in quarterly net profit, helped by higher net investment income and a fall in disaster-related losses.
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court ordered Travelers Cos Inc to pay more than $500 million to thousands of asbestos victims in a case stemming from the insurer's coverage of Johns-Manville Corp, an insulation maker that spent six years in bankruptcy during the 1980s.
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a steeper-than-expected fall in quarterly operating profit, hurt by bigger catastrophe losses and a slowing pace of premium rate increases.
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct (Adds CEO quote, analysts' comments, conference call details, court ruling)
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court on Tuesday said Travelers Cos should pay more than $500 million to satisfy asbestos-related claims stemming from its coverage of policyholder Johns-Manville Corp, reversing a lower court ruling.
July 22 - * U.S. appeals court reinstates order directing Travelers cos to pay
July 22 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 26 percent drop in quarterly net profit as catastrophe losses rose.
- Cramer's Lightning Round - Apple Is Very Inexpensive (10/21/14)
- The Travelers Companies' (TRV) CEO Jay Fishman on Q3 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The Travelers Companies Is Proving Mostly Immune To Correction
- Top 10 Net Payout Yield Stocks For October 2014
- A Professor Plans His Own EnDOWment Fund For Retirement
- 'Tax Inversions' Are Tip Of An Iceberg That Already Cost The U.S. Treasury Hundreds Of Billions
- Property and Casualty Insurance Stocks Coverage - Travelers Cos., XL Group, First American Financial, Cincinnati Financial, and AmTrust Financial Services
- Travelers Reports Third Quarter Net Income per Diluted Share of $2.69, Up 17% from Prior Year Quarter
- Travelers Named to 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Index
- Travelers Institute to Host Consumer Insurance Education Symposium in Houston
- More Than Half of Americans Believe World is Getting Riskier According to Travelers Consumer Risk Index
- Travelers Offers Resources and Reminders for National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- Travelers Offers New Management Liability Protection to Help Businesses Respond to Risks Associated With the Affordable Care Act
- Travelers Schedules Conference Call to Review Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Travelers Recommends Homeowners Look to the Roof This Fall
- Property and Casualty Insurance Stocks on our Scanner - Assured Guaranty, FNF Group, Travelers Cos, XL Group, and AmTrust Financial Services