News: Travelers Companies Inc (TRV)
10 Dec 2013
Tue, Oct 22 2013
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a record operating profit that blew past Wall Street estimates and said it expects to keep raising premiums to counter low interest rates and potential losses from natural disasters.
* Board authorizes additional $5 bln share repurchase program
- U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc posted a record operating profit that breezed past Wall Street estimates and said it expects to keep raising premiums to counter low interest rates and potential losses from natural disasters.
Oct 22 - U.S. insurer Travelers Cos Inc said it would buy back an additional $5 billion of its shares under a new program.
- For travelers, the question of whether to let American Airlines and US Airways merge into the world's largest carrier may boil down to this: pay more and get more, or pay less and get less.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, July 25 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has assigned an 'A' rating to The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV), $500 million 30-year senior unsecured debt issuance. KEY RATING DRIVERS TRV issued $500 million of senior unsecured debt to partially fund its acquisition of The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Co. (The Dominion). TRV's ratings continue to benefit from its strong competitive position as a top-five U.S. property/casua
NEW YORK - The S&P 500 snapped a four-day winning streak on Tuesday and pulled back from Monday's record closing high, while healthy earnings from United Technologies gave the Dow a slight lift. | Video
- Travelers Cos Inc said it would cut jobs and reduce prices of auto insurance, steps investors took as an indication that rates had risen too far and competition was increasing.
* Second-quarter operating earnings per share $2.13 vs est $1.60
* Dow components Travelers, DuPont shares up following results
- Is Travelers A Buy Here?
- 3 Value Dividend Stocks To Consider Now And 2 To Wait On
- A Good-Yielding, Lower-Risk Dividend Portfolio That Has Outperformed The Market
- Attractively Priced Dividend Growers With A Very Low Debt Currently In An Uptrend
- 10 Companies In The Spotlight This Week
- ModernGraham Valuation Of Travelers Companies
- Property & Casualty Insurance Industry Insights: The Travelers Cos., XL Group, ACE Ltd, and First American Financial
- Safety Professionals from Travelers Available to Discuss How Businesses and Consumers Can Ensure They Have a Safe Holiday Season
- Travelers Receives "Buyers Choice Award" for Service Excellence and Expertise in Workers Compensation and Commercial Auto
- Travelers Commits $100,000 to Assist Relief Efforts in the Philippines
- Early Briefing and Review: The Travelers Cos Inc., ACE Ltd, First American Financial Corp., and XL Group PLC
- Travelers Receives “Loyalty Award” from Richardson Economic Development Partnership
- Travelers Completes Acquisition of The Dominion
- Financial Results, Upcoming Earnings Conferences, and Acquisitions - Research Report on Travelers, Prudential, Aflac, Arthur J. Gallagher, and StanCorp
- Travelers Reports Net Income per Diluted Share of $2.30, Up 4% from Prior Year Quarter
- Under AAAResearchReports.com Microscope: The Travelers Companies Inc., XL Group PLC, ACE Ltd, and First American Financial Corp.