News: Travelers Companies Inc (TRV.N)
Tue, Jul 22 2014
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court ordered Travelers Cos Inc to pay more than $500 million to thousands of asbestos victims in a case stemming from the insurer's coverage of Johns-Manville Corp, an insulation maker that spent six years in bankruptcy during the 1980s.
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a steeper-than-expected fall in quarterly operating profit, hurt by bigger catastrophe losses and a slowing pace of premium rate increases.
* Shares fall as much as 5 pct (Adds CEO quote, analysts' comments, conference call details, court ruling)
NEW YORK, July 22 - A federal appeals court on Tuesday said Travelers Cos should pay more than $500 million to satisfy asbestos-related claims stemming from its coverage of policyholder Johns-Manville Corp, reversing a lower court ruling.
July 22 - * U.S. appeals court reinstates order directing Travelers cos to pay
July 22 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 26 percent drop in quarterly net profit as catastrophe losses rose.
* Futures up: Dow 6 pts, S&P 0.7 pt, Nasdaq 2.25 pts (Adds McDonald's results)
- U.S. property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 17 percent rise in first-quarter profit, helped by higher underwriting gains and an increase in net investment income.
April 22 - U.S. property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 17 percent rise in first-quarter profit, helped by higher underwriting gains and an increase in net investment income.
(Corrects paragraph 4 to show that net investment income rose 10 percent, not 66 percent)
- Travelers Offers New Management Liability Protection to Help Businesses Respond to Risks Associated With the Affordable Care Act
- Travelers Schedules Conference Call to Review Third Quarter 2014 Results
- Travelers Recommends Homeowners Look to the Roof This Fall
- Property and Casualty Insurance Stocks on our Scanner - Assured Guaranty, FNF Group, Travelers Cos, XL Group, and AmTrust Financial Services
- Travelers to Present at Barclays Capital Global Financial Services Conference
- Scanning Property and Casualty Insurance Equities -- FNF Group, Assured Guaranty, XL Group, Travelers Cos, and Axis Capital
- Travelers Reports Second Quarter Net Income of $683 Million, or $1.95 per Diluted Share, Including Catastrophe Losses of $284 Million, or $0.82 per Diluted Share
- Pre-Market Scans on Insurance Stocks -- Research on Manulife Financial, Assured Guaranty, Travelers Cos, and XL Group
- Travelers Schedules Conference Call to Review Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Travelers Championship Generates $1.35 Million for Charity