News: Travelers Companies Inc (TRV.N)
6 May 2015
Tue, Apr 21 2015
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc's quarterly net profit fell 21 percent, narrowly missing analysts' estimates, as low interest rates and a drop in value of its energy investments squeezed the company's net investment income.
* Shares fall about 3 pct (Adds analyst comment, compares with estimates; updates shares)
April 21 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 21 percent fall in quarterly net profit, largely due to lower net investment income.
A slew of Dow 30 companies report results in the week: Chemicals conglomerate DuPont, industrial conglomerate United Technologies Corp, property and casualty insurer Travelers Companies Inc and wireless carrier Verizon Communications Inc on Tuesday; McDonald's Corp, AT&T Inc, Boeing Co and Coca-Cola Co on Wednesday; and diversified manufacturer 3M Co, Procter & Gamble and Microsoft Corp on Thursday. While DuPont is expected to report lower first-quarter results, Travelers Companies Inc's first-q
- Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, helped by higher underwriting gains and lower losses from natural disasters.
Jan 22 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, helped by higher underwriting gains and lower losses from natural disasters.
Jan 22 - Property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos Inc reported a 5 percent rise in quarterly net profit, helped by lower weather-related catastrophe losses.
- Long Point Re III 2015 Cat Bond Set To Upsize, Price Guidance Narrows
- 5 Stocks Insiders Love Right Now
- 18 Dividend Increases, April 13-24, 2015
- InsiderInsights.com Daily Round Up 4/24/15: HBAN, NXRT, HAS, GLF
- Reinsurer Pullback On Property Catastrophe Re/insurance Continues
- 2000 More Points To Go; Look Elsewhere!
- Travelers Recognized for Diversity and Inclusion Efforts
- Coverage of Property and Casualty Insurance Equities -- Allstate, Travelers Cos., MBIA Inc., ACE Ltd, and Cincinnati Financial
- Travelers Institute® Consumer Insurance Education Symposium in Rochester, New Hampshire, to Highlight Extreme Weather Preparation
- Travelers Reports Quarterly Net and Operating Income of $833 Million and $827 Million, Respectively, and Net and Operating Income per Diluted Share of $2.55 and $2.53, Respectively
- Travelers Highlights Ways Thieves Use Stolen Identities
- Travelers to Acquire Majority Interest in Property Casualty Business of its J. Malucelli Joint Venture in Brazil
- Travelers Identifies Top Causes of Springtime Home Damages
- Travelers Institute Chooses Irvine, California, to Continue 2015 Small Business – Big Opportunity℠ Series, with Focus on Cybersecurity
- Stock Updates on Property and Casualty Insurance Industry -- Allstate, Travelers Cos., ACE Ltd, Axis Capital Holdings, and Cincinnati Financial
- Travelers Institute Launches 2015 Small Business – Big Opportunity℠ Symposia Series in Columbus, Ohio, With Focus on Cybersecurity