News: Tesco PLC (TSCDF.PK)
23 Oct 2014
LONDON, Oct 24 - Sales at troubled British grocer Tesco fell 5.2 percent year-on-year in the 12 weeks to Oct. 11, according to monthly industry data published on Friday.
LONDON, Oct 24 (IFR) - Two credit rating agencies have reduced Tesco's rating to the cusp of investment grade after a horrible set of first half numbers on Thursday.
LONDON, Oct 24 - The cost of insuring against Tesco defaulting on its debt shot up on Friday, after ratings agency Moody's downgraded Britain's biggest grocer and left the troubled group hovering one notch above junk status.
LONDON - Britain's accounting watchdog, the Financial Reporting Council, said it was scrutinizing supermarket Tesco's announcement on accounting irregularities as it decides whether to take enforcement action.
LONDON, Oct 24 - Britain's accounting watchdog, the Financial Reporting Council, said it was scrutinising supermarket Tesco's announcement on accounting irregularities as it decides whether to take enforcement action.
LONDON - Britain’s largest retailer Tesco reported a bigger than expected hole in its finances on Thursday after finding that accounting transgressions went back further than initially thought, prompting its chairman to quit. | Video
LONDON - Retail is detail, the industry adage goes, and new Tesco boss Dave Lewis will be hoping investors and shoppers agree after he unveiled a flurry of small tweaks to Britain's ailing No.1 grocer, but not the big rescue plan many think it needs.
LONDON, Oct 23 - Retail is detail, the industry adage goes, and new Tesco boss Dave Lewis will be hoping investors and shoppers agree after he unveiled a flurry of small tweaks to Britain's ailing No.1 grocer, but not the big rescue plan many think it needs.
* Chairman Broadbent to step down once new strategy in place
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, October 23 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has downgraded UK-based Tesco PLC's (Tesco) Long-term Issuer Default Rating (IDR) and senior unsecured rating to 'BBB-' from 'BBB', resolving the Rating Watch Negative assigned on 22 September 2014. The Short-term IDR has been downgraded to 'F3' from 'F2'. The Outlook on the Long-term IDR is Negative. A full list of rating actions is available at the end of this commentary. The downgrade ref
- Wall Street Breakfast: Nokia Soars Premarket On Strong Results
- Tesco: A Fallen Angel That Will Reward Investors At His First Breath
- Examining The Outlook For Tesco
- Wall Street Breakfast: Samsung Warns Of Q3 Profit Plunge
- Wall Street Breakfast: Hewlett-Packard Plans To Split In Two
- Contrarian: Tesco PLC To Turn It Around?
- INVESTOR ALERT: Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP Encourages Investors Who Suffered Losses In Excess Of $100,000 Investing In Tesco PLC (TSCDY) To Contact The Firm
- Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP is Investigating Potential Claims on Behalf of Tesco PLC Investors
- Harwood Feffer LLP Announces Investigation of Tesco PLC
- Tesco PLC Investors Encouraged to Contact Securities Law Firm about Investigation into Allegations of Corporate Wrongdoing
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Pomerantz Law Firm Investigates Claims On Behalf of Investors of Tesco PLC - TSCDY -TSCO.L
- Shareholder Alert: Bronstein, Gewirtz & Grossman, LLC Announces Investigation of Tesco PLC
- EQUITY ALERT: The Rosen Law Firm Announces Investigation of Securities Claims Against Tesco PLC
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Investigation on Behalf of Tesco PLC Investors Announced by Law Offices of Howard G. Smith
- TESCO INVESTIGATION INITIATED BY FORMER LOUISIANA ATTORNEY GENERAL: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates Tesco PLC Following Announcement of $400 Million Overstatement of Profit Forecast & Accounting Errors
- INVESTOR ALERT: Investigation on Behalf of Tesco PLC Shareholders Announced by Glancy Binkow & Goldberg LLP