Tesco PLC (TSCDF.PK)
Sun, Jul 17 2016
LONDON, July 17 Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said she would not rule out the possibility of Scotland remaining in the European Union as well as part of Britain, which backed Brexit overall in a referendum mainly due to voters in England and Wales.
LONDON, July 17 Britain's farmers union has formally complained to the country's National Trading Standards Institute over the use by supermarkets, including market leader Tesco, of "fake" farm branding on some food products, it said on Sunday.
* Steve Golsby will join board as an additional independent non-executive director with effect from 1 October 2016.
* Deal is worth approximately 140 mln stg for an initial five year term and is due to commence on Aug. 1 2016
LONDON Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, said its recovery was gaining momentum as it reported a second straight quarter of UK sales growth, though it said it could take up to three years for this to feed through to its share price.
* Shares rise up to 4.4 percent, flat by 1455 GMT (Adds chairman's comments at AGM, analyst comment, shares)
* Tesco rises after sales update (Recasts, adds detail and updates prices)
* CEO says retail market "likely to remain challenging and uncertain"
June 23 Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up about 45 points, or 0.7 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers, with futures up 0.2 percent ahead of the cash market open, on the day of a crucial vote by the British public on the UK's membership in the European Union.
LONDON, June 23 Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, on Thursday reported a second successive quarter of UK underlying sales growth, the first time it has done so in over five years, indicating the firm is making steady progress under Chief Executive Dave Lewis.
- Defensive Value Portfolio Review - 2016 Q2
- European Magic Formula Stock: Carrefour Is A Buy For Both Dividend And Value Investors
- Sonae: Attractive Valuation But Be Patient
- The Capital Cycle Is Something Every Investor Should Be Aware Of
- Tesco's (TSCDF) CEO Dave Lewis on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Stock's Run Means McBride Has Become Less Attractive