Tesco PLC (TSCDF.PK)
21 Apr 2017
Wed, Apr 19 2017
* Acquisition incorporates Tesco Optician's network of 209 stores across UK and Republic of Ireland, bringing total number of vision express outlets to 598
AMSTERDAM, April 19 Dutch eyeglass store operator Grandvision said on Wednesday it will acquire Tesco's chain of more than 200 opticians.
* Sale of its opticians business in UK and Republic of Ireland to Vision Express
LONDON, April 12 Britain's top share index inched lower on Tuesday after rising to a three-week high in the previous session, as results weighed on Tesco shares and the broader UK supermarket sector.
LONDON Tesco , Britain's biggest retailer, beat forecasts for annual profit as its recovery gained pace, potentially strengthening the hand of boss Dave Lewis as he seeks investor backing for his plan to buy wholesaler Booker . | Video
* Tesco shares fall 5 pct, Booker shares down 4 pct (Adds CEO comments from briefing, updates shares)
LONDON (Reuters Breakingviews) - Tesco’s customer-first strategy will chafe investors. Britain’s biggest grocer by market share reported its first full year of like-for-like sales growth in its core market in seven years on Wednesday. Boss Dave Lewis hopes to shield shoppers from rising prices and avoid crushing suppliers. The risk is that he has to fund that plan with the spoils of Tesco’s 3.7 billion pound ($4.6 billion) purchase of wholesaler Booker.
LONDON, April 12 Britain's top share index rose on Tuesday, holding close to a three-week peak though results weighed on Tesco's shares and the broader UK supermarket sector.
* CEO says not looking at more overseas disposals Further company coverage:
LONDON, April 12 Tesco, Britain's biggest retailer, beat forecasts for full-year profit, showing its recovery is picking up pace and potentially giving a boost to its stuttering campaign to win investor backing for a takeover of wholesaler Booker.
- Tesco's (TSCDF) CEO Dave Lewis on Q4 2017 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Tesco PLC 2016 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides
- -5.2% In March: On The Path To Paradise? Or Fooled By A Mirage?
- Focus On Europe: Who Earned A $250M Performance Bonus Last Week?
- -5.48% In February: Not Yet The Apocalypse But Still In Hell
- -4.80% In January: A Impending Apocalypse?