News: Time Warner Inc (TWX.N)
15 Sep 2014
Wed, Sep 10 2014
(Adds Bewkes comments, context about Viacom/Sony programming deal)
BOSTON/WASHINGTON, Aug 27 - Time Warner Cable Inc , the No. 2 U.S. cable operator, suffered a massive network outage on Wednesday due to suspected human error that cut Internet services to some 11 million businesses and residences, prompting a New York state investigation.
- Time Warner Inc's Turner cable division is preparing to offer buyouts targeting 500 to 600 staffers, or roughly 4 percent of its workforce, according to a person familiar with the company.
(Fixes typographical error in first paragraph by replacing "or" with "of")
Aug 11 - Hedge fund ValueAct Capital LLC said it had taken a $1 billion stake in Rupert Murdoch-controlled film and TV company Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
NEW YORK - Stocks ended lower on Thursday, continuing a recent streak of weakness as Russia's surprisingly harsh retaliatory measures in response to Western sanctions raised concerns about global growth.
* Indexes off: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.4 pct, Nasdaq 0.3 pct (Recasts, updates prices, changes comment, adds Aetna, Harman)
* Indexes up: Dow 0.3 pct, S&P 0.3 pct, Nasdaq 0.4 pct (Updates prices, adds Draghi, changes comment)
* Futures up: Dow 39 pts, S&P 7 pts, Nasdaq 11 pts (Updates prices, adds data, comment, byline)
NEW YORK, Aug 7 - U.S. stock index futures edged up on Thursday ahead of jobless claims data, amid a backdrop of an escalation of tensions as Russia banned Western food imports in retaliation against Western sanctions.
- Sony And Warner Brothers: 'No Good Deed' Tops Expectations; 'Dolphin Tale 2' Opens Behind Original
- Time Warner: Warner Brothers Hope 'Dolphin Tale 2' Will Bring Change Of Tide At Box Office This Fall
- Hollywood Hoping To Rebound This Fall From A Rough Summer Season At The Box Office
- Why CBS (CBS) Stock Is Higher Today
- Time Warner Considers Freeing HBO Outside the Cable-Box
- Time Warner: TNT's 'The Last Ship' And HBO's 'Game Of Thrones' Help Company Offset Rough Summer From Film Division
- Upcoming Conferences, Monthly Sales Report, Senior Level Appointments, and Shareholder Transactions - Research Reports on Walt Disney, Walgreen, Union Pacific, AerCap and Time Warner
- Time Warner EVP and CFO Howard Averill to Participate in the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference
- Conference Schedules, Technical Updates, Updates on Acquisition, and Dividend Declarations - Research Reports on Time Warner, DIRECTV, Starbucks, Liberty Global and Tiffany
- Time Warner Chairman & CEO Jeff Bewkes to Participate in the Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference
- Market Updates on Movies and Entertainment Equities -- Twenty-First Century Fox, Walt Disney, Time Warner, Viacom, and Madison Square Garden
- Periodic Report, Performance Report, Technical Updates, Earnings Release, Mobile Service - Research Reports on McDonald's, Union Pacific, Time Warner, Wal-Mart and Starbucks
- Earnings, Expansion of Partnership, Market Activity, New Services, and Exercise of Options - Research Reports on Walgreen, Netflix, Time Warner, Amazon and Priceline Group
- Time Warner Inc. Reaffirms 2014 Full-Year Business Outlook
- Time Warner Inc. Reports Second-Quarter 2014 Results
- Time Warner Declares Regular Quarterly Cash Dividend