News: UBS AG (UBS.N)
29 Aug 2014
ZURICH, Aug 27 - The UBS Swiss consumption indicator fell to 1.66 in July from 2.07 points in June, the Swiss bank's economists said on Wednesday.
* Berlin wants to avoid loss to taxpayers when selling stake
ZURICH - Switzerland's biggest bank UBS said it had expanded the number of employees that are subject to internal background checks to around 15 percent of its workforce in a move that came in the wake of numerous scandals.
(Refiled to correct typographical error in first paragraph)
LONDON, Aug 18 (IFR) - UBS has hired Robin Palmer, a former Bank of America Merrill Lynch debt capital markets banker, to join its Benelux team as director, according to the Swiss bank.
Aug 13 - Boutique investment bank Evercore Partners Inc said it hired Rodney Reid from UBS AG as managing director in its private capital advisory business.
NEW YORK - UBS Wealth Americas, the U.S.-based brokerage arm of UBS AG, is letting go about 75 sales assistants, a spokeswoman at the firm said Tuesday.
NEW YORK, Aug 12 - UBS Wealth Americas, the U.S.-based brokerage arm of UBS AG, is letting go about 75 sales assistants, a spokeswoman at the firm said Tuesday.
Aug 11 - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media:
- Why VMware (VMW) Stock Is Retreating Today
- Argentina's Plan to Pay Foreign-Currency Bonds is Near Impossible
- U.S. Turns Up Heat on World's Biggest Banks in Foreign-Exchange Rig Probe
- Is The Real Value In Banking Overseas?
- Will PepsiCo (PEP) Stock Be Positively Affected By This Ratings Upgrade?
- Will This Ratings Downgrade Hurt Ann (ANN) Stock Today?
- UBS Declares Quarterly Coupon Payment on Exchange-Traded Note: AMU
- UBS Declares Coupon Payments on Nine Monthly Pay ETRACS Exchange-Traded Notes
- The Securities Arbitration Law Firm of Klayman & Toskes and Carlo Law Offices File $700,000 Claim Against UBS Financial Services Incorporated of Puerto Rico As It Investigates Claims for Over-Concentration In Puerto Rico Ban
- CalPERS and UBS Global Asset Management Announce USD 500 Million Infrastructure Partnership
- Capital Markets Stocks Technical Study -- Ares Capital, Franklin Resources, Fifth Street Finance, BGC Partners, and UBS AG
- REG-UBS AG UBS Second-Quarter Profit before Tax CHF 1.2 Billion
- UBS Second-Quarter Profit before Tax CHF 1.2 Billion
- UBS Investor Watch Report Breaks the Awkward Silence around Inheritance
- UBS Global Asset Management: Will It Be Smooth Sailing Ahead, or is This the Calm before the Storm?
- UBS Declares Coupon Payments on Fifteen ETRACS Exchange-Traded Notes