News: Unilever PLC (ULVR.L)
Thu, Dec 5 2013
* Plans to continue tweaking portfolio with additions, subtractions
LONDON - Consumer products giant Unilever Plc is aiming to reduce the number of individual products it sells by 30 percent by the end of 2014 as it makes its business more efficient, its chief financial officer said on Thursday.
LONDON, Dec 5 - Consumer products giant Unilever Plc is aiming to reduce the number of individual products it sells by 30 percent by the end of 2014 as it makes its business more efficient, its chief financial officer said on Thursday.
LONDON, Oct 24 - Unilever Plc reported slower sales growth after demand for its consumer goods was hit by the devaluation of a handful of emerging market currencies and other factors such as rising onion prices in India.
AMSTERDAM - Philips reported a near-tripling in third-quarter net profit, beating forecasts and pushing its shares to their highest since mid-2010 after two years of cutting costs, selling weak businesses and targeting new products at emerging markets. | Video
Sept 25 - U.S. stocks dipped in choppy trading on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 eyeing a fifth day of losses, as a lack of progress in budget negotiations in Washington puzzled investors. The Dow Jones industrial average fell 0.04 percent, to 15,329.13, the S&P 500 lost 0.07 percent, to 1,696.25 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 0.05 percent, to 3,766.296.
Sept 25 - U.S. stocks edged up at the open on Wednesday, following four days of losses on the S&P 500 and Dow, even as a lack of progress in budget negotiations in Washington left investors puzzled. The Dow Jones industrial average was up 0.08 percent, the S&P 500 was up 0.05 percent and the Nasdaq Composite was up 0.12 percent.
Sept 4 - Unilever PLC : * Unilever prices a $750 million bond on the US market * Yesterday priced a $750 million bond: $750 million 2.20 per cent fixed rate
- Packaged foods company Pinnacle Foods Inc said it would buy Unilever Plc's Wish-Bone salad dressings business for $580 million to expand its range of branded food products.
Aug 12 - Packaged foods company Pinnacle Foods Inc said it would acquire Unilever Plc's Wish-Bone salad dressings business for $580 million.
- AXE® Returns to the Super Bowl in 2014 as an Advertiser
- Unilever’s U.S. Business Reaches Agreement with U.S. Attorney for Connecticut and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Before the Bell Scans: General Mills, Unilever PLC, Flowers Foods, and BRF S.A.
- Product Launches, Partnerships and Stock Price Movements - Research Report on Kimberly Clark, Colgate-Palmolive, Herbalife, Avon, and Unilever
- Unilever Agrees to Sell Soft & Beautiful, TCB and Pro-Line Comb-Thru to Strength of Nature
- Technical Study: General Mills Inc., Unilever PLC, BRF S.A., and Flowers Foods Inc.
- CEW honors Unilever with 2013 Corporate Empowerment for Women Award
- Morning Research: General Mills Inc., Flowers Foods Inc., BRF S.A., and Unilever PLC
- Earnings Release Schedules, Strategic Divestitures, and Sustainability Recognitions- Research Report on International Paper, Fifth & Pacific, MeadWestvaco, Unilever, and Select Comfort
- Unilever Completes Sale of Wish-Bone and Western brands to Pinnacle Foods