News: United Microelectronics Corp (UMC.N)
3 Dec 2013
Wed, Oct 30 2013
TAIPEI, Oct 31 - Taiwan stocks fell 0.3 percent on Thursday as market sentiment was hit after the island's export-driven economy posted lower-than-expected growth in the third quarter. Tech exporters including UMC and AU Optronics led the decline, falling 3 percent and 1.1 percent respectively. The world's No.3 contract chipmaker and the world's No.4 flat panel maker warned of a slowing fourth quarter. At about one an half and hours into trade, the main TAIEX index had slip
TAIPEI, Oct 30 - World No.3 contract chipmaker United Microelectronics Corp reported a better-than-expected third-quarter net profit on Wednesday, as chip demand for mobile devices continued to grow.
TAIPEI, Sept 10 - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, posted a 6.2 percent rise in August sales from a year earlier. Following are details of the sales: AUG Y/Y % YR-TO-DATE Y/Y % Sales (T$ bln) 11 +6.2 82.242 +6.3 (US$ mln) 370
TAIPEI, Aug 8 - Acer Inc and UMC dragged Taiwan stocks 0.1 percent lower on Thursday after the companies reported weak quarterly results. Acer, the world's No.4 PC maker, and UMC, the world's No.3 contract chipmaker, both fell about 3 percent, underperforming the electronics subindex's 0.2 percent dip. About one and half hour into trade, the main TAIEX index had slipped to 7,912.33 points, recovering from a 1.5 percent drop in the prior session. Acer on Wednesday reported
TAIPEI, Aug 7 - United Microelectronics Corp , the world's No.3 contract chipmaker, reported on Wednesday a better-than-expected net profit in the second quarter as chip demand for mobile devices continued to grow.
* Foundries may see high-end segment inventory correction in Q3
TAIPEI, June 19 - The world's No.3 contract chipmaker United Microelectronics Corp said on Wednesday it planned to invest up to $300 million in merger and acquisitions in Asia to strengthen its growth in the foundry market.
TAIPEI, June 10 - Taiwan's UMC, the world's No.2 contract chipmaker, posted a 5.2 percent rise in May sales from a year earlier. Following are details of the sales: MAY Y/Y % YR-TO-DATE Y/Y % Sales (T$ bln) 10.86 5.18 48.93 4.17 (US$ bln) 366.78
- United Microelectronics' CEO Discusses Q3 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- United Microelectronics Corporation Discusses Q3 2013 Results (Webcast)
- 4 Tech Stocks Under $10 to Watch
- United Microelectronics' CEO Discusses Q2 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Did Apple Buy Its Own Chip Plant or Not?
- Why United Microelectronics May Be About to Take Off
- UMC First Taiwanese Company Listed on CDP's Climate Performance Leadership Index<2303.TW>
- Early Briefing and Review: CA Inc., United Microelectronics Corp., China Unicom (Hong Kong) Ltd, and Methode Electronics Inc.
- Alpine Data Labs Closes $16M Series B Financing, Accelerates Momentum<2303.TW>
- UMC Reports Sales for October 2013<2303.TW>
- Early Briefing and Review: Applied Materials Inc., United Microelectronics Corp., Cree Inc., and Entegris Inc.
- UMC Reports Third Quarter 2013 Results<2303.TW>
- United Microelectronics Corporation to Report Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results on October 30, 2013 US Time<2303.TW>
- Early Briefing and Review: Applied Materials Inc., Cree Inc., Entegris Inc., and United Microelectronics Corp.
- UMC Reports Sales for September 2013<2303.TW>
- UMC Selected as a DJSI Global Component for Sixth Consecutive Year<2303.TW>