News: Unilever NV (UN)
29 Jul 2014
Thu, Jul 24 2014
LONDON - Unilever missed second-quarter sales expectations on Thursday, citing a slowdown in emerging markets and declining prices in developed ones.
* Unilever shares roughly flat (Adds analyst comments, performance details, bullet points)
* Consumer staples lead fallers after Unilever disappoints
LONDON, July 24 - Unilever reported a lower-than-expected increase in second-quarter sales on Thursday, citing a slowdown in emerging markets and continuing malaise in developed markets.
* Warns H1 sales and profit "somewhat below expectations"
LONDON, July 11 - UK shares edged higher on Friday as merger activity helped cigarette makers advance, although the FTSE 100 index was still on course to record a drop of close to 3 percent this week.
July 10 - Unilever Sells Slim-fast To Kainos Capital
* Nine-month sales volumes rise 2.4 pct on stand-alone basis
June 18 - (The following statement was released by the rating agency)
LONDON - Britain's top share index was a shade higher on Thursday, helped by gains in media group ITV and mergers and acquisitions speculation in the consumer goods sector.
- 10 European Large Caps Yielding More Than 3%
- Look Internationally For Higher Dividend Yields
- Budweiser and Gerber Among Larger U.S. Brands Overseas
- High Yielding Consumer Goods Stocks: Still Reasonably Priced
- Sextant Fund Manager Bullish on Brazil's Itau, Unilever and Pepsi
- Unilever: A High-Yielding Consumer Goods Company
- Unilever: 2014 First Half Year Results
- AXE® Kicks Off the “Summer of Temptation” with New AXE Gold Temptation Line
- Unilever Sells Slim-Fast to Kainos Capital
- Unilever Seeks Young Entrepreneurs with Sustainable Ideas to Change the World
- Technical Report on Consumer Staples Stocks -- Research on Sysco, Unilever, Hain Celestial, and Herbalife
- Upcoming Earnings Results, Partnership for Promotions, and Restructuring Actions - Analyst Notes on P&G, Colgate-Palmolive, Herbalife, Unilever and Avon
- Unilever Completes Sale of Ragu and Bertolli Pasta Sauce Brands to Mizkan Group
- Unilever Food Solutions Encourages Chefs to Create Healthy, Sustainable Meals Through Sponsorship of Menus of Change Conference
- Scanning Food Products Equities -- Research on Pinnacle Foods, Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC, and ConAgra Foods
- Unilever Agrees to Sell Ragu and Bertolli Pasta Sauce Brands to Mizkan Group