News: Union Pacific Corp (UNP)
26 Nov 2014
Thu, Oct 23 2014
CHICAGO - The chief executive of No. 1 U.S. railroad Union Pacific Corp said on Thursday that he does not think mergers of major railroads "make sense" because of the regulatory hurdles they face and the service issues they create.
CHICAGO, Oct 23 - The chief executive of No. 1 U.S. railroad Union Pacific Corp said on Thursday that he does not think mergers of major railroads "make sense" because of the regulatory hurdles they face and the service issues they create.
CHICAGO, Oct 23 - No. 1 U.S. railroad Union Pacific Corp on Thursday reported a higher quarterly profit due to increasing freight volumes and pricing gains, coming in just above analyst expectations.
- Two people were killed and two were injured in northern Arkansas early on Sunday when two Union Pacific freight trains carrying toxic substances collided, Arkansas State Police said.
* Revenue from coal shipments rises 1 pct (Adds CEO comment, details, shares)
July 24 - Union Pacific Corp, the largest publicly traded U.S. railroad, reported a 17 percent rise in quarterly profit, partly due to a rise in shipments at its agricultural products business.
CHICAGO - As North Americans hit the highways, airports and rails for vacations this summer, it's not hard to believe that some of the most robust stocks are in the transportation industry - particularly in an improving economy. Transportation stocks have proven to be long-haul winners and essential cogs in any growth portfolio.
(The opinions expressed are those of the author, a columnist for Reuters.)
- Union Pacific's Upside Potential Is Limited, But Dividend Growth Remains Impressive
- Railroads Face Government Scrutiny Over Mergers, Service And Competition
- Retirement Portfolio For Dummies - The Transportation Components
- Union Pacific Is A Fortified Business With Long-Term Prospects
- Tracking David Winters' Wintergreen Advisers Portfolio - Q3 2014 Update
- Finding Speculative Value In CARBO Ceramics
- Union Pacific Corporation CFO Rob Knight to Address Credit Suisse 2014 Industrials Conference
- Union Pacific Corporation Declares Fourth Quarter Dividend
- Upcoming Conferences, Appointments, New Payment Alternatives, New Stores, and Monthly Sales Numbers - Research Reports on Union Pacific, Walmart, McDonald's, Whole Foods and Walgreen
- Union Pacific Corporation CFO Rob Knight to Address Baird's 2014 Industrial Conference
- Union Pacific Corporation CFO Rob Knight to Address Stephens 2014 Fall Investment Conference
- Quarterly Earnings, Spin-Off Plans, Upcoming Results, and Recognition - Research Reports on McDonald's, Union Pacific, MSG, eBay and Walt Disney
- Active Equities to Watch in the Road and Rail Industry - Union Pacific, Norfolk Southern, Canadian Pacific Railway, Ryder System, and Con-way
- Union Pacific Railroad Converts Boxcar into Mobile Classroom for Emergency Responder Training
- Union Pacific Corporation Invites You to Join Its 2014 Investor Day Webcast
- Union Pacific Reports All-Time Quarterly Records