U.S. Bancorp (USB)
23 Jan 2017
Mon, Jan 23 2017
The bond insurer Ambac Financial Group Inc has sued U.S. Bancorp to stop the bank from accepting a lowball settlement between investors and Bank of America Corp over shoddy mortgage securities.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, January 18 (Fitch) U.S. Bancorp's (USB) fourth quarter 2016 (4Q16) net income declined 1.6% from the sequential quarter and was flat relative to the year-ago quarter, according to Fitch Ratings. For the full year USB's net income was flat relative to the prior year. USB's 4Q16 annualized return on average assets (ROAA) was 1.32%, down from 1.36% in prior quarter and 1.41% in the year-ago quarter. ROAA for the full year 2016
* U.S. Bancorp reports fourth quarter and full year 2016 earnings
Jan 17 The following financial services industry appointments were announced on Tuesday. To inform us of other job changes, email email@example.com.
Jan 17 U.S. regional bank U.S. Bancorp said Chief Operating Officer Andy Cecere would succeed Richard Davis as chief executive officer, effective April 18.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, January 10 (Fitch) Fitch expects large U.S. banks' 4Q16 results will be mixed. Large trading banks' earnings likely benefited from election-related market volatility; however, overall loan growth likely remained muted during the quarter. The Federal Reserve's decision to increase short-term rates 25bps came late in the quarter, such that net interest margins did not likely benefit. Fitch expects credit trends remained fai
* On November 18, 2016, company entered into amendment no. 1 to credit agreement - SEC filing
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, October 19 (Fitch) U.S. Bancorp's (USB) third quarter 2016 (3Q16) earnings were good and remain near the top of its large regional peer group and the industry according to Fitch Ratings. This level of operating performance continues to support USB's high ratings. USB's annualized return on average assets (ROA) was a still good 1.36% in 3Q16, down from 1.43% in the sequential quarter, and down from 1.44% in the year-ago qu
* Expects net interest income to increase on a linked-quarter basis - conf call
Minneapolis-based U.S. Bancorp reported a 4.7 percent rise in quarterly revenue helped by strength in its mortgage banking unit and higher interest income.
- Uncommon Knowledge: The Curious Case Of U.S. Bancorp
- M&T Bank: Thinking The Unthinkable
- Wall Street Breakfast: First ECB Meeting Of The Year
- U.S. Bancorp's (USB) CEO Richard Davis on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- U.S. Bancorp: Strength On Strength
- U.S. Bancorp 2016 Q4 - Results - Earnings Call Slides