News: United Technologies Corp (UTX)
23 Jul 2014
- United Continental Holdings Inc reported a stronger-than-expected second-quarter profit aided by higher prices and said it plans to buy back $1 billion of stock, sending its shares up nearly 4 percent.
- United Technologies Corp posted tepid quarterly orders for its Otis elevators and Pratt & Whitney jet engines businesses, and shares of the diversified U.S. manufacturer fell nearly 2 percent on Tuesday.
(Rewrites to account for share price drop, adds further comment)
July 22 - United Technologies Corp comments on Q2 conference call: * Says Q2 China orders at otis elevators division were flat * Says increase in 2014 sales forecast due primarily to Canadian helicopter
July 22 - United Technologies Corp : * Sees 2014 sales of about $65 billion -- slides
July 22 - United Technologies Corp posted an 8 percent increase in quarterly net profit, helped by sales of its elevators and aircraft parts, and the diversified U.S. manufacturer gave a more bullish profit outlook for 2014.
FARNBOROUGH England - BOC Aviation, the aircraft leasing arm of Bank of China Ltd, placed an order for 36 Airbus A320ceo and seven A320neo planes on Tuesday.
FARNBOROUGH, England, July 15 - BOC Aviation, the aircraft leasing arm of Bank of China Ltd, placed an order for 36 Airbus A320ceo and seven A320neo planes on Tuesday.
LONDON, July 13 - The first flight of the U.S. Marine Corp's new CH-53K heavy lift helicopter will likely be delayed until the first half of next year, instead of occurring by the end of this year as planned, the head of Sikorsky Aircraft, a unit of United Technologies Corp, told Reuters on Sunday.
BRUSSELS - The chief executive of Bell Helicopter said on Wednesday he was confident that the company's concept for the U.S. Army's next-generation helicopter would be selected for flight testing in an eagerly awaited decision expected within the next month.
- With Aerospace Squared Away, Will United Technologies Go Back To Big Deals?
- United Technologies: Expect Another 10% From This Defensive Company
- How Will United Technologies (UTX) Stock React To This Analyst Downgrade?
- Flying High With Boeing, Delta & Cramer's United Technologies Pick
- A DGI Portfolio: Case For Passive Income From Stock Dividends - Part 3
- United Technologies' (UTX) Q2 2014 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- UTC Aerospace Systems Awarded Boeing C-17 Globemaster III MRO Landing Gear Contract
- China Airlines selects UTC Aerospace Systems for long-term spare parts agreement
- Coverage of Aerospace and Defense Equities -- United Technologies, Boeing, Hexcel, B/E Aerospace, and Lockheed Martin
- New England Historic Genealogical Society Confirms Family Tie Between Founders of Industry-Leading Carrier and Otis Brands
- UTC Reports Second Quarter 2014 Results
- Pratt & Whitney Taps IBM to Capture Value of Big Data to Improve Aircraft Engine Performance
- Pratt & Whitney Signs F135 Depot Activation Contract with AIM Norway
- Pratt & Whitney to Provide PurePower® Engines on Trans States Holdings Order of 50 Firm Embraer E-Jets
- Pratt & Whitney to Provide PurePower® Engines on Air Mandalay Order for Six Mitsubishi Regional Jets
- UTC Aerospace Systems and Selex Plan Development Program