News: Vale SA (VALE.N)
3 Dec 2013
Tue, Dec 3 2013
By Brad Haynes and Silvio Cascione SAO PAULO, Dec 3 - Brazil's economy contracted in the third quarter for the first time since early 2009 as a steep drop in investment showed flagging confidence in what was recently one of the world's most attractive emerging markets. The economy shrank 0.5 percent between July and September from the prior three months, government statistics agency IBGE said on Tuesday, missing forecasts in what has become a disappointing routine over the last
SAO PAULO/RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 2 - Vale SA lowered its investment budget for a third straight year as the world's No. 2 mining company bolstered efforts to focus expansion on its main iron ore business.
SAO PAULO - Vale SA's tax settlement with the Brazilian government will cost the world's No. 1 iron ore producer the equivalent of 1 percent of annual revenue for the next 15 years, executives said on a conference call on Monday.
SAO PAULO, Dec 2 - Vale SA's tax settlement with the Brazilian government will cost the world's No. 1 iron ore producer the equivalent of 1 percent of annual revenue for the next 15 years, executives said on a conference call on Monday.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Dec 2 - Brazilian global mining group Vale SA expects the global iron ore supply to rise, starting in 2014, and the international market will be able to absorb the increase, the company's iron ore chief, Jose Carlos Martins, told investors in New York on Monday.
SAO PAULO, Dec 2 - Brazilian iron ore miner Vale SA said on Monday its board approved a 2014 investment budget of $14.8 billion, with 80 percent going to develop new iron ore project and logistics.
* Brazil Bovespa gains 0.9 pct, Mexico IPC up 0.1 pct SAO PAULO, Nov 28 - Brazilian stocks rose the most in over a week on Thursday as shares of heavily weighted mining firm Vale SA jumped after the company agreed to settle a steeply discounted back tax bill. Mexico's IPC index edged higher while Chile's bourse added to Wednesday's gains. Brazil's benchmark Bovespa stock index climbed for the second straight day, advancing 0.9 percent to 52,329.78. Vale's preferred s
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian miner Vale SA said on Wednesday that it agreed to pay 22.325 billion reais ($9.61 billion) in taxes on profit from overseas operations, accepting an offer from Brazil's government that cuts a disputed back-tax bill in half.
* Vale says assessment double-taxes foreign units' profit
RIO DE JANEIRO - Brazilian mining company Vale said on Wednesday that it agreed to pay 22.325 billion reais ($9.61 billion) in back taxes to the Brazilian government on profit from overseas operations, after agreeing to a payment plan with tax authorities.
- Vale: Tax Settlement, Capital Discipline And $4 Billion Dividend Offer Upside
- Apple Shops on Cyber Monday
- Vale's CEO Hosts Vale Day (New York) Conference (Transcript)
- Vale: Beyond The Brazilian Tax Dispute And Making Headway In China
- Cramer's Lightning Round - I Can't Take The Pain In Vale (11/26/13)
- Investor Warning: Vale Will Lose Its Tax Fight With Brazil
- Budget Approvals, M&A Activities, Financing Transactions, New Joint Ventures, and Assay Results - Research Report on Vale, CONSOL Energy, Arch Coal, Harsco, and Pretium
- Stocks Under Pressure: OCZ Technology Group, Vale SA, SolarCity Corp, Nokia Corporation, eBay Inc
- Vale S.A. : Vale will participate in income tax settlement
- Production Updates, Upcoming Events, Strong Financial Results and Pricing of Public Offerings - Research Report on Vale, Pretium, US Silica, Hi-Crush, and Molycorp
- Pre-Market Analysis: Vale S.A., Alpha Natural Resources Inc., Molycorp Inc., and Arch Coal Inc.
- Vale S.A. : Vale Day in London
- Vale S.A. : Vale Day at NYSE
- Quarterly Dividends, Partnerships, Philanthropic Activities, and Financial Results - Research Report on Vale, Cliffs, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, and USEC
- Vale S.A. : Vale sells all of its shares in Norsk Hydro with the exercise of the over-allotment option
- Precious Metals Advancers Maintain Upward Trend: Amarium Technologies, NovaGold Resources, Newmont Mining, Vale, Kinross Gold and Gold Fields