News: Vale SA (VALE.N)
7 Mar 2014
Mon, Mar 3 2014
TORONTO, March 3 - Vale SA's Canadian unit has resumed work on its Copper Cliff Deep nickel project in the Sudbury basin and expects to complete a feasibility study by the end of the year, a company executive said on Monday.
TORONTO, March 3 - Vale's Canadian unit has resumed work on its Copper Cliff Deep nickel project in the Sudbury basin and expects to complete a feasibility study by the end of the year, a company executive said on Monday.
RIO DE JANEIRO/SAO PAULO Feb 27 - Vale SA , the world's largest iron ore producer, will continue reining in costs this year even as the outlook for prices and sales volumes is improving, its chief executive officer said on Thursday.
(Corrects paragraph 21 freight cost savings to $7 instead of $10)
RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 27 - Chances that China will accept Brazilian miner Vale's giant Valemax vessels are growing as bigger ships become increasingly common in world markets, Vale director of ferrous metals Jose Carlos Martins said in a news conference on Thursday.
Feb 27 - Vale SA, the world's largest iron ore producer, will maintain cost and capital spending austerity in 2014, Chief Executive Officer Murilo Ferreira said on Thursday.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 26 - Vale SA, the world's No. 3 mining company by market value, said on Wednesday its net loss more than doubled in the fourth quarter after it took a $6.5 billion charge for an income-tax settlement with the Brazilian government and wrote off part of a failed potash investment.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 26 - Vale SA, the world's No. 3 mining company by market value, said on Wednesday its net loss more than doubled in the fourth quarter of 2013 from a year earlier after it took a charge for an income-tax settlement with the Brazilian government.
RIO DE JANEIRO, Feb 26 - Brazilian mining company Vale SA recorded a net loss of $6.45 billion in the fourth quarter, the company said in a securities filing on Wednesday.
* Valemax deliveries to Malaysia to cut transportation costs to China
- Vale: Undervalued, Cyclical Bet On China's Resurging Commodity Demand
- Commodities Today: Brazil, Metals And LNG In Focus
- Cramer's Lightning Round - I Can Barely Look At Vale (3/5/14)
- Consider Vale On Increased Demand Of High-Grade Iron Ore
- Rio Tinto Diversifying Iron Ore Supply To China
- Vale's CEO Discusses Q4 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Technical Stock Coverage: Citigroup, Vale, Rite Aid, Sirius XM Holdings, and General Motors
- Vale S.A. : VALE'S PERFORMANCE IN 2013
- Mining Plays Point Towards 2014 Recovery - Company Forges Forward With Mining Production Permits & Plans
- Vale S.A. : Vale updates Code of Ethics
- Vale S.A. : Vale suspends force majeure on iron ore shipments
- Vale S.A. : Vale to sell stake in Log-in via auction in the stock exchange
- Vale S.A. : Vale signs agreement to sell additional stake in VLI
- Vale S.A. : Vale: partial renouncement to legal dispute over taxation on controlled foreign subsidiaries
- Vale S.A. : Vale sells purified phosphoric acid asset
- Signed Agreements, Development Updates, Adjusted Full-year Guidance, and Extended Programs - Research Report on Vale, Cliffs, CONSOL Energy, Peabody Energy, and USEC