News: Vivendi SA (VIVEF.PK)
10 Mar 2014
PARIS, March 12 - Numericable Chief Executive Eric Denoyer said there was no need to sell assets in order to address competition issues as part of its bid to buy Vivendi's SFR and criticised a rival offer from Bouygues Telecom as not credible.
PARIS - Patrick Drahi, the controlling shareholder of French cable group Numericable , said he would not raise his bid for Vivendi's SFR , a day ahead of the seller's deadline for final offers, according to an interview in Les Echos.
PARIS, March 11 - Patrick Drahi, the controlling shareholder of French cable group Numericable, said he would not raise his bid for Vivendi's SFR, a day ahead of the seller's deadline for final offers, according to an interview in Les Echos.
PARIS, March 11 - Altice said its 10.9 billion euro ($15.1 billion) cash and share offer to combine Vivendi's SFR unit with Numericable still stood and remained valid until Friday.
* If Bouygues wins SFR, Iliad gets 15,000 masts, spectrum
PARIS - A committee of board directors at Vivendi met on Saturday to review rival offers for telecoms unit SFR and prepare a meeting of the supervisory council possibly at the end of the week, sources close to the matter said.
* Committee of Vivendi board directors starts to review SFR bids - sources
PARIS, March 8 - France's competition watchdog estimates it could take nine months to scrutinise a possible takeover of French telecoms operator SFR by French conglomerate Bouygues or rival Numericable, its head said in an interview published on Saturday.
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) LONDON, March 07 (Fitch) Vivendi's credit profile is likely to benefit more from a merger of its telecoms business by accepting one of two competing bids than it would from spinning off the unit as planned, Fitch Rating says. Bouygues SA this week offered EUR10.5bn in cash to merge its Bouygues Telecom unit with Vivendi's SFR, France's second-largest mobile operator. Altice SA made a competing EUR11bn cash bid to merge Numericable,
PARIS, March 7 - Bouygues Telecom shareholder JCDecaux Holding said on Friday that it supports the telecom group's bid for rival Vivendi's SFR.
- Vivendi has received two binding offers concerning SFR
- Vivendi: 2013 Results in line with expectations in a challenging environment
- Vivendi: Clarification
- Vivendi Involved in the Safer Internet Day
- Vivendi awards its Midem "Coup de Coeur" to cubic.fm
- Vivendi: Appointment
- GVT and EchoStar end their discussions
- Vivendi: date of next annual shareholders’ meeting
- Vivendi : Group Demerger Plan Validated
- Vivendi: Results for the First Nine Months of 2013