News: VMware Inc (VMW.N)
26 Dec 2014
Thu, Dec 18 2014
LONDON, Dec 17 - IBM aims to expand the number of data centres it offers clients around the world by 25 percent to meet fast-rising demand for internet-based services, after what a company executive said has been a "breakthrough year" in 2014 for its cloud computing business.
- Data storage equipment maker EMC Corp cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast, hurt by lower bookings at its VMware Inc unit and a strong dollar.
(Adds details, background, analyst comment; updates shares)
- Data storage products maker EMC Corp said it will buy much of Cisco System Inc's stake in their joint venture VCE for an undisclosed sum.
- Software maker VMware Inc forecast current-quarter revenue largely below Wall Street's estimates due to a delay in the closing of a large U.S. government deal and lower bookings in Germany, Russia and Japan in the third quarter.
(Adds forecast, analyst and executive comments; updates shares)
Oct 21 - VMware Inc reported a better-than-expected adjusted profit for the third quarter, helped by higher demand for its software that lets computers to run multiple operating systems on the same machine.
- Activist investor Elliott Management Corp is urging data storage products maker EMC Corp to spin off its VMware Inc virtualization software unit or pursue other merger opportunities in its first public letter to the company.
Oct 8 - Activist investor Elliott Management Corp is urging data storage products maker EMC Corp to spin off its VMware Inc virtualization software unit or pursue other merger opportunities in its first public letter to the company.
(Corrects fourth paragraph to say EMC's "federation strategy" comprises four businesses, not three)
- VMware-Based Private Cloud Helps Apollo Education Group, Inc. Provide Access to Online Learning
- Software Stocks in Motion - Adobe Systems, Oracle, Red Hat, Vmware, and Infoblox
- VMware Announces General Availability of New vRealize Cloud Management Solutions
- Creative Solutions in Healthcare Brings Core Services to the Cloud and Cuts Costs by a Third With VMware vCloud Air
- Digitalrep LLC Fuels Software as a Service Growth With VMware vSphere With Operations Management
- VMware Streamlines Enterprise Container Deployment and Cluster Management From Data Center to Cloud
- TradeStation Deploys OpenStack on VMware Infrastructure to Transition to a New Model of IT
- VMware to Present at the Barclays Global Technology Conference
- VMware to Host "What's New at VMware" Conference Call for Investors and Financial Analysts
- VMware to Present at the Credit Suisse 18th Annual Technology Conference