News: Volvo AB (VOLVa.ST)
24 Oct 2014
* Luxury goods group Kering falls after lower Gucci sales
STOCKHOLM, Oct 24 - Activist fund Cevian Capital, Volvo's second largest owner by votes, said third quarter results and plans for more cost cuts showed the Swedish truck maker was on track to reach a double digit profit margin.
STOCKHOLM - Global truck maker Volvo posted a surprise rise in core quarterly profit on Friday as deep cost cuts more than made up for lackluster demand in some major markets, sending its shares up 10 percent. | Video
* Shares rise 10 pct (Adds CEO, analyst comment, share price)
STOCKHOLM, Oct 24 - AB Volvo in Q3 conference call:
STOCKHOLM, Oct 24 - AB Volvo Chief Executive Olof Persson in Q3 news conference:
STOCKHOLM, Oct 24 - Global truck maker Volvo posted a surprise rise in core earnings on Friday and said it expected industry-wide heavy-duty truck sales to be flat in Europe next year while further growth was forecast for the resurgent North American market.
ASH England - Organizers are confident there will be a 50th edition of the World Match Play Championship next year despite the withdrawal of tournament sponsors Volvo, they said on Saturday.
ALICANTE Spain - Chinese boat Dongfeng Race Team lost the Volvo Ocean Race lead early on Saturday after an unidentified object in the Atlantic smashed their rudder.
- Volvo Group – The Third Quarter 2014
- Volvo: Changes to Volvo’s Group management
- Volvo: Environment Prize-Winner Uses Satellites to Reveal Human Impact
- Volvo: Invitation to Press and Analyst Conference in Stockholm
- Volvo Ocean Race Sets Sail in October
- Volvo: Truck Deliveries in August 2014
- The Volvo Group One of the World’s Most Sustainable Companies
- New number of votes in AB Volvo
- Volvo’s Engineers at Gothenburg’s Upper-Secondary Schools
- Volvo: Truck Deliveries in July 2014