News: Walgreen Co (WAG.N)
Dec 20 - Walgreen Co reported higher quarterly sales on Friday, but an increase in promotions and a slowdown in the introduction of higher-profit generic drugs cut into its gross profit margin at the largest U.S. drugstore operator.
Dec 20 - Walgreen Co : * CFO says company tracking a "bit below" cagr to meet adjusted operating
Dec 20 - Walgreen Co, the largest U.S. drugstore operator, reported higher first-quarter sales but said an increase in promotions and a slowdown in the introduction of higher-profit generic drugs cut into the gross profit margin.
NEW YORK, Dec 20 - Walgreen Co : * Shares up 1.9 percent in premarket trade following results
- Costco Wholesale Corp and Victoria's Secret parent L Brands Inc were among the major U.S. retailers to report same-store sales gains for October, but many chains expressed caution heading into the holiday season.
(Adds Gap sales, final sales tally and updates share prices)
- Walgreen Co reported a much higher quarterly profit on Tuesday as it filled more prescriptions and enticed shoppers with offers and updated stores, and it said sales trends kept improving in September.
Oct 1 - Walgreen Co reported a much higher quarterly profit on Tuesday as it filled more prescriptions and enticed shoppers with offers and updated stores, and it said sales trends kept improving in September.
Oct 1 - Walgreen Co, the largest U.S. drugstore operator, reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit due to strong sales of higher-margin generic drugs.
- Walgreen's CEO Discusses F4Q 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Stocks Gain, U.S. Growth Hints at 'Santa Claus' Rally
- Retail, Tech Earnings in Focus Friday
- 2013 Portfolio Review And 2014 Goals
- What Hedge Fund Analysts Expect From Walgreen
- Walgreen: The Recent Events Are Playing Out In Favor Of The Company
- Walgreen Co. Reports Fiscal 2014 First Quarter Results
- Walgreens Convenient Hours and Locations Help Make Last-Minute Shopping Easy
- Services Sector Reports November 2013 Sales and Joint Ventures - Research Report on Walgreen, Cardinal Health, Macy's, Rite Aid, and GNC
- Walgreens Announces Collaboration with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to Improve HIV Prevention and Outcomes
- Walgreens First Quarter 2014 Earnings Release, Conference Call Scheduled for Dec. 20
- As National Influenza Vaccination Week Kicks Off, Walgreens Highlights Flu's Impact on Winter Vacations - 11 Million Trips Interrupted in 2012, Survey Suggests
- Walgreens Introduces Daily Health Testing for Cholesterol, Blood Glucose and Body Composition at Stores in Maryland
- Under the Lens: Rite Aid, CVS Caremark, Walgreen, and GNC Holdings
- Holiday Shopping Promo, Collaboration, Event, Share Repurchasing, Term Loan, and Quarterly Report - Research Report on Macy's, Walgreens, GameStop, GNC, and PetSmart
- Walgreens November Sales Increase 4.1 Percent