News: Sunedison Inc (WFR.BE)
18 Sep 2014
Thu, Sep 4 2014
BOSTON - Some notable fund managers are betting on solar energy shares, expecting a wave of industry consolidation and lower costs to pay off for the notoriously volatile industry.
* IPO raises $502.5 million (Adds details, background, updates shares)
- Shares of TerraForm Power Inc , created by SunEdison Inc to own and operate its solar power plants, rose as much as 35 percent in their market debut, valuing the company at about $3.2 billion.
July 18 - Shares of TerraForm Power Inc, created by SunEdison Inc to own and operate its solar power plants, rose as much as 35 percent in their market debut, valuing the company at about $3.2 billion.
(Corrects second bullet of the July 17 brief to say TerraForm Power priced its IPO, not SunEdison) July 17 - Sunedison Inc : * Sunedison, Inc. and Terraform Power, Inc. announce pricing of initial public offering of Terraform Power, Inc * Says TerraForm Power has priced an initial public offering of 20.1 million shares priced at $25.00 per share * Source text for Eikon * Further company coverage
(The Day Ahead is an email and PDF publication that includes the day's major stories and events, analyses and other features. To receive The Day Ahead, Eikon users can register at . Thomson One users can register at RT/DAY/US. All times in ET/GMT) In General Electric's second-quarter earnings report, investors will want to see if the U.S. conglomerate can keep the momentum going after posting strong first-quarter industrial revenue growth, continue expanding margins through cost cuts and show
- TerraForm Power Inc, a unit that solar company SunEdison Inc created to own and operate some of its solar power plants, filed for an initial public offering to raise up to $50 million.
* Goldman Sachs, Barclays and Citigroup to underwrite offering (Adds details)
May 29 - TerraForm Power Inc, an entity of solar company SunEdison Inc, filed for an initial public offering to raise up to $50 million.
* To retain higher volume of solar plants than initially planned (Adds analyst estimates, backgroud, details from statement)
- U.S. IPO Recap: Twitter Tweets Its Plans While 11 Others Set Terms
- Insider Siren: 1 Commodity And 1 Alternative Energy Stock With Recent Large Insider Buying
- Is MEMC Electronic Materials On The Road To Recovery?
- MEMC Electronic Materials Management Discusses Q1 2013 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- MEMC Electronic Materials Misses Where it Counts
- Does The Street Have MEMC Electronic Materials Figured Out?
- SunEdison And TerraForm Power Announce Interconnection Of 50 Megawatts DC Of Utility-Scale Solar Projects In United Kingdom
- Technology Enhancement, Technical Update, Acquisition, Equity Financing, and Recognition - Research Reports on TI, Autohome, 3DS, SunEdison and Adobe
- Google Executes $145 Million Investment In SunEdison And TerraForm Power's Largest Solar Plant In North America
- Restaurant Openings, Financial Releases, Completed Projects, Regulatory Updates, and Strategic Acquisitions - Research Reports on El Pollo Loco, SunEdison, Workday, PCG and Akorn
- SunEdison and Los Pelambres Mine (Antofagasta Minerals) Close an Agreement to Supply Solar Electric Power in Chile
- SunEdison and TerraForm Power Announce Interconnection of Two New State Facilities to Continue Successful Partnership with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Semiconductor Equipment Stocks Technical Analysis -- Applied Materials, Teradyne, Lam Research, Entegris, and SunEdison
- JV Agreement, Technical Updates, Plan Changes, Recognition, and Option Exercise - Research Reports on Bitauto, SunEdison, T-Mobile, Fairchild and Qihoo 360
- SunEdison Closes $160 Million Fund With Barclays and Citi
- Quarterly Earnings Releases, Partnerships, Senior Notes Offerings, and Inducement Grants - Research Reports on SolarCity, Cognizant, Qihoo 360, SunEdison and F5