News: WellPoint Inc (WLP.N)
Tue, Oct 29 2013
Oct 29 - Aetna Inc on Tuesday missed analysts' expectations for third-quarter profit and said 2014 would be challenging because of the uncertain costs of the health reform law and cuts in government funding for private Medicare plans.
- Health insurer WellPoint Inc on Wednesday said it was not ready to provide profit forecasts for 2014, citing problems launching new insurance plans under President Barack Obama's healthcare reform, sending shares lower.
* CEO Swedish to attend White House meeting later Wednesday
- Health insurer WellPoint Inc on Wednesday reported a third-quarter profit that beat analysts' expectations as it added new members and medical costs were lower than anticipated.
- Health insurer WellPoint Inc on Wednesday reported a third-quarter profit that beat analysts' expectations as it added new members and the cost of providing healthcare services was lower than anticipated.
Oct 23 - WellPoint Inc said on Wednesday that third-quarter net income fell as costs rose due to investments for growth opportunities and increased compensation.
NEW YORK - A key question lingers for the millions of uninsured Americans who are expected to sign up for health insurance on the new state exchanges in the next few weeks: What do they do until January 1 when the coverage starts?
NEW YORK, Oct 8 - A key question lingers for the millions of uninsured Americans who are expected to sign up for health insurance on the new state exchanges in the next few weeks: What do they do until Jan. 1 when the coverage starts?
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) NEW YORK, September 17 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings has affirmed its ratings on WellPoint, Inc. (WLP) including the 'BBB+' ratings on the company's senior unsecured notes and the 'AA-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings assigned to various WellPoint insurance company subsidiaries. The Rating Outlook for WLP and its subsidiaries remains Negative. KEY RATING DRIVERS Large Market Position Size/Scale: Under Fitch's Insurance Rating
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) CHICAGO, July 30 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings expects to assign a 'BBB+' rating to WellPoint, Inc.'s (WLP) planned issuance of new senior unsecured notes. The 'BBB+' rating is equivalent to Fitch's ratings on WLP's current outstanding senior unsecured notes. Fitch maintains an 'A-' Issuer Default Rating (IDR) on WLP and 'AA-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) ratings on various WLP subsidiaries. The Rating Outlook on both the IDR and IFS
- A WellPoint Survey Finds Baby Boomers Want Information on Dental Insurance
- Biologics License Applications, Event Participations, and Stock Movements - Research Report on Baxter, WellPoint, Questcor Pharmaceuticals, CareFusion, and Hologic
- Pre-Market Technical Commentary: Unitedhealth Group, WellPoint, Aetna, and Humana
- Product Reviews, Recognitions, FDA Responses, and New Leadership Appointments - Research Report on Gilead, WellPoint, Questcor, Forest Laboratories, and Envision Healthcare
- New Appointments, New Medicare Plans, Dividends and Scheduled Conferences - Research Report on WellPoint, Aetna, Humana, UHS, and Chemed
- New Appointments, Financial Results, Dividends, and Presentations - Research Report on WellPoint, Perrigo, Health Net, Zoetis, and Questcor
- WellPoint Announces Appointment of Jose Tomas as Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
- WellPoint Recognized as Top 100 Military Friendly Employer® by G.I. Jobs.
- Upcoming Presentations, New Studies, and Stock Price Movements - Research Report on WellPoint, GSK, Forest Laboratories, Intuitive Surgical, and Cubist Pharmaceuticals
- WellPoint Names Julie Goon Senior Vice President of Public Affairs