William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
18 Aug 2017
Wed, Aug 2 2017
* Company coy on prospects for M&A (Recasts, adds shares, CEO comments)
Aug 2 British bookmaker William Hill Plc posted a 11 percent drop in first-half pretax profit as unfavourable football results hit margins despite a rise in revenue.
* HY UK SPORTSBOOK AMOUNTS WAGERED +13% AND UK GAMING NET REVENUE +9%
May 9 British bookmaker William Hill Plc , which in March named a new chief executive and finance head, on Tuesday reported a 16 percent rise in online net revenue for the 17 weeks to April 25 after product improvements helped it to attract more customers.
May 9 British bookmaker William Hill Plc , which in March named a new chief executive and finance head, on Tuesday reported a 16 percent rise in online net revenue for the 17 weeks to April 25 after product and interface improvements drew more customers.
* Announces a trading update for unaudited 17 weeks to 25 april 2017
* Company has missed out on sector M&A (Adds plans for chairman to leave, analyst quotes, context)
* Ruth Prior will be appointed chief financial officer (cfo), effective later in year
March 30 British bookmaker William Hill PLC named Ruth Prior as its new chief financial officer on Thursday.
March 10 British bookmaker William Hill Plc promoted interim Chief Executive Philip Bowcock to its top job on Friday, ending an over seven-month-long search for a permanent CEO.
- Is William Hill the Ultimate Retirement Share?
- William Hill Is About to Enter a New Golden Age
- William Hill Hails Grand National "Major Success"
- Why easyJet, William Hill, and Lonrho Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- William Hill Announces Deal With Playtech for 424 Million Pounds
- Online Boost for William Hill