William Hill PLC (WMH.L)
Tue, Aug 23 2016
Aug 23 Casino operator Rank Group Plc said on Tuesday Britain's decision to leave the European Union would have little or no direct impact on its performance, days after it dropped its joint bid to buy bookie William Hill Plc . Rank, the operator of Grosvenor casinos and Mecca bingo hall, said it was mainly a UK-focused business with limited exposure to non-sterling earnings. The company, however, said any impact of Brexit could be driven by lower UK growth rates or loss of
LONDON, Aug 19 Britain's top share index edged lower on Friday and was set for its biggest weekly drop since June as a strong rally to 14-month highs stalled.
Casino and bingo hall operator Rank Group Plc and online gambling company 888 Holdings Plc ended efforts to take over rival British bookmaker William Hill Plc days after a revised offer was rejected.
* William Hill sees FY operating profit at top end of guidance
Aug 18 Casino and bingo hall operator Rank Group Plc and online gambling company 888 Holdings Plc have withdrawn their proposal to combine with rival British bookmaker William Hill Plc.
* Had a good start to second half of year and board now expects operating profit 1 for 2016 to be at top end of previously guided £260-280m range
* 888 Holdings Plc and Rank Group Plc announce that they do not intend to make an offer for William Hill Plc
* Will announce FY results on Tuesday, Aug. 23 2016, rather than on Thursday, Aug. 18 2016 as previously announced
* William Hill shares down 3 pct (Adds line from 888/Rank on revised offer's valuation)
* Confirm that on 14 August 2016 they submitted an improved non-binding proposal to board of William Hill regarding a possible combination of 888, Rank and William Hill
- Is William Hill the Ultimate Retirement Share?
- William Hill Is About to Enter a New Golden Age
- William Hill Hails Grand National "Major Success"
- Why easyJet, William Hill, and Lonrho Should Lag the FTSE 100 Today
- William Hill Announces Deal With Playtech for 424 Million Pounds
- Online Boost for William Hill