Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT)
26 May 2017
Thu, May 25 2017
JOHANNESBURG, May 25 South African-based retailer Massmart, majority-owned by Wal-Mart Inc , reported on Thursday a near 2 percent fall in overall same-store sales in the first five months of the current year, as outlets outside its home market underperformed.
* Announces $450 million in 2017-2018 investments throughout Florida, plans to hire more than 2,750 Floridians
NEW YORK (Reuters Breakingviews) - Wal-Mart’s online therapy may help revive ailing retailers. The $242 billion giant is starting to reap the benefits of embracing e-commerce while shares in digital laggards like Macy’s and J.C. Penney plummeted after poor results. Unless they follow the behemoth’s lead, they’re likely to hand more market share to Wal-Mart and internet megastore Amazon.
CHICAGO Wal-Mart Stores Inc on Thursday reported higher-than-expected quarterly sales at established U.S. stores, as investments to bring more customers into the discount retailer paid off and a bigger push into e-commerce boosted online purchases, sending its shares flirting near a 52-week high. | Video
CHICAGO, May 18 Wal-Mart Stores Inc on Thursday reported higher-than-expected quarterly sales at established U.S. stores, as investments to bring more customers into the discount retailer paid off and a bigger push into e-commerce boosted online purchases, sending its shares flirting near a 52-week high.
LONDON, May 18 Asda, the British supermarket arm of Wal-Mart, the world's largest retailer, said on Thursday its rate of sales decline eased slightly in its latest quarter as a new management team started to make its mark.
CHICAGO, May 18 Wal-Mart Stores Inc reported higher-than-expected quarterly comparable sales on Thursday, helped by greater traffic at Wal-Mart and Sam's Club stores and a rise in online sales.
* Q1 earnings per share view $0.96, revenue view $117.74 billion -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Q1 Sam’s club net sales $13,993 million versus $13,608 million
Two former Wal-Mart Stores Inc employees have filed a lawsuit accusing the retailer of treating thousands of pregnant workers as “second-class citizens” by rejecting their requests to limit heavy lifting, climbing on ladders and other potentially dangerous tasks.
- Wal-Mart At $78 Could End Up Being Cheap
- 6 Retail Stocks That Have A Fighting Chance Against Amazon (And Pay Solid Dividends Too)
- Costco Delivers, Fundamentals Remain The Same
- Wal-Mart: Did Warren Buffett Make A Mistake?
- My 5 Dividend Champions And Their Alternatives
- Brick And Mortar Retail Is Not Dead: Don't Believe The Critics