Whitbread PLC (WTB.L)
28 Apr 2017
Tue, Apr 25 2017
LONDON, April 25 British shares edged higher on Tuesday as a strong Europe-wide market rally after the first round of the French election dissipated and investors focused on corporate results which indicated tougher times ahead for consumer goods stocks.
* Says can still meet expectations for financial year (Adds CEO comments)
LONDON, April 25 British shares edged up on Tuesday as a strong Europe-wide market rally after the first round of the French election dissipated, with investors' focus back on corporate results which indicated tougher times ahead for consumer goods stocks.
April 25 Britain's Whitbread Plc, which runs the Costa Coffee chain and Premier Inn hotels, said it expected the consumer environment to deteriorate next year.
* Costa opened 255 net new stores worldwide and we continue to roll out our successful and fast growing costa travel formats.
* Costa Coffee sales prove bright spot (Adds CEO quote, details)
Jan 26 Whitbread Plc posted a 8.6 percent rise in total sales for the third quarter as underlying sales at its Costa Coffee chain strengthened due to new advertising and promotional campaigns.
* On track to deliver full year results in line with expectations
* Announces today it has completed two sale and leaseback transactions on Prime London Hotels
* We will outline our investment in business and provide examples of our cost efficiency programme
- European Markets Rise Despite Iraq Conflict, as Local Economy and Stocks Take Center Stage
- Double-Digit Sales Growth Lifts Whitbread
- 10 FTSE 100 Shares Trading Near 52-Week Highs
- 3 FTSE Shares Hitting New Highs
- Should I Buy These 5 Shares? Whitbread, Aggreko, and Gulf Keystone Petroleum
- My Verdict on 5 FTSE Boardrooms