News: Weyerhaeuser Co (WY.N)
7 Mar 2014
Mon, Nov 4 2013
- Tri Pointe Homes Inc is buying Weyerhaeuser Co's homebuilding division in a $2.7 billion deal that will give it access to developed land in key markets such as California and Texas and make it one of the 10 biggest U.S. homebuilders. | Video
* Tri Pointe shares jump 16 pct, Weyerhaeuser stock up 2 pct (Adds CEO quote, analyst comment; updates share price)
NEW YORK, Nov 4 - U.S. stocks edged modestly higher on Monday in the wake of data showing that business spending dropped sharply in September and amid uncertainty over how soon the Federal Reserve would be comfortable enough with growth to begin scaling back stimulus.
NEW YORK, Nov 4 - U.S. stocks were set for a higher open on Monday, putting the S&P 500 on track to build on its latest record high after four straight weeks of gains.
Nov 4 - Tri Pointe Homes Inc said it would buy Weyerhaeuser Co's homebuilding division for about $2.7 billion, making it one of the 10 largest homebuilders in the United States.
NEW YORK - Tri Pointe Homes Inc is near a deal to buy Weyerhaeuser Co's homebuilding division for about $2.7 billion, which would make it one of the 20 largest homebuilders in the United States, two people familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
Oct 25 - Timber conglomerate Weyerhaeuser Co reported a better-than-expected quarterly profit as margins improved in its homebuilding business, which it is looking to sell.
Oct 25 - Oct 25 - Weyerhaeuser Co : * Reports third quarter results * Q3 earnings per share $0.27 * Q3 earnings per share view $0.21 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S * Q3 sales $2.2 billion versus I/B/E/S view $2.09 billion * Says anticipates comparable earnings from the timberlands segment in the
NEW YORK - Tri Pointe Homes Inc , a homebuilder backed by Barry Sternlicht's Starwood Capital Group LLC, is in advanced talks to buy Weyerhaeuser Co's homebuilding division for about $2.7 billion, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Weyerhaeuser to Present at the J.P. Morgan Aviation, Transportation & Industrials Conference
- Weyerhaeuser Names Denise Merle Senior Vice President, Human Resources
- Weyerhaeuser Names John Enlow Vice President, Southern Timberlands
- Weyerhaeuser Company Declares Dividend
- Weyerhaeuser Reports Fourth Quarter, Full Year Results
- Weyerhaeuser Announces Tax Treatment of 2013 Distributions
- /C O R R E C T I O N -- Weyerhaeuser Company/
- Weyerhaeuser to release fourth quarter earnings on Jan. 31
- Before the Bell Scans: Weyerhaeuser, ABB Ltd, TASER Intl., and Tenaris
- Weyerhaeuser Names Rhonda Hunter Senior Vice President, Timberlands