News: Zurich Insurance Group AG (ZURN.VX)
23 Dec 2014
Fri, Dec 5 2014
FRANKFURT, Dec 5 - Zurich Insurance said operating profit would have been roughly flat this year were it not for one-off adjustments for damage claims and pension gains that boosted return on equity (ROE).
FRANKFURT - Zurich Insurance Group said on Friday there was more to do in terms of improving efficiency in its business although the group is on track to meet key financial targets it has set for 2014-2016.
* Needs further progress on boosting efficiency (Adds detail on priorities, context)
FRANKFURT, Dec 5 - Zurich Insurance Group said it was on track to reach the key financial targets it has set itself for 2016, according to slides in a presentation to investors.
* Says early lease extension with Zurich Insurance in Frankfurt
(The following statement was released by the rating agency) FRANKFURT/LONDON, November 06 (Fitch) Fitch Ratings says it is maintaining rating coverage on Zurich Insurance, following feedback in response to its proposed withdrawal of the ratings. On 3 October 2014, Fitch had announced its intention to withdraw the ratings on Zurich Insurance after a 30-day period for commercial reasons. The 30-day notice is designed to allow market participants to provide Fitch feedback on proposed withdraw
* Zurich shares down 2.4 pct, Generali down 1 pct (Wraps Generali, Zurich results)
* Shares fall 2.7 pct after Q3 results Further company coverage: (Reporting by Alice Baghdjian)
* CFO says confident company will pay an attractive dividend for this year Further company coverage: (Reporting by Alice Baghdjian)
ZURICH - Swiss authorities have searched the offices of private Bank J. Safra Sarasin as part of a probe led by German prosecutors into dividend stripping, an investment strategy that can be used to help clients avoid taxes, a Zurich prosecutor said.