Profile: Edison International (EIX)
27 Mar 2017
Edison International, incorporated on April 20, 1987, is the holding company of Southern California Edison Company (SCE). As of December 31, 2016, SCE, a public utility, was primarily engaged in the business of supplying and delivering electricity to an approximately 50,000 square mile area of southern California. The Company is also the parent company of Edison Energy Group, Inc. (Edison Energy Group), a holding company for subsidiaries engaged in pursuing competitive business opportunities across energy services and distributed solar to commercial and industrial customers.
SCE's projects include West of Devers, Mesa Substation, Alberhill System, Riverside Transmission Reliability, Eldorado-Lugo-Mohave Upgrade, Tehachapi and Coolwater-Lugo. As of December 31, 2016, the West of Devers Project consisted of upgrading and reconfiguring approximately 48 miles of existing 220 kilovolt (kV) transmission lines between the Devers, El Casco, Vista and San Bernardino substations. As of December 31, 2016, the Mesa Substation Project consisted of demolishing the existing 220 kV Mesa Substation and constructing a new 500 kV substation. As of December 31, 2016, the Alberhill System Project consisted of constructing a new 500-kV substation, two 500-kV transmission lines to connect the substation to the existing Serrano-Valley 500-kV transmission line, telecommunication equipment and subtransmission lines in unincorporated and incorporated portions of western Riverside County. The Tehachapi Project consists of new and upgraded electric transmission lines and substations between eastern Kern County and San Bernardino County.
2244 Walnut Grove Ave
PO Box 800
ROSEMEAD CA 91770-0800
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Southern California Edison- Edison international's units got decision from ICC international court of arbitration on claims against Mitsubishi Heavy
- Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy expects ruling on San Onofre nuclear plant claim by end March: CEO
- Japan's Mitsubishi Heavy expects ruling on San Onofre nuclear plant claim by end March-CEO
- U.S. court revives long-running case over Edison International 401(k) plan
- BRIEF-Edison International Q3 EPS $1.29 vs I/B/E/S view $1.27