Profile: Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG.K)
22 May 2015
Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc. (SMFG) is a financial holding company. SMFG offers services to clients (corporations, financial institutions, governmental organizations and public entities) operating globally by preparing tailor-made solutions that meet various local needs, mainly through SMBC’s International Banking Unit. The Company operates in three business segments: banking business, leasing business and other business. SMFG Card & Credit, Inc. (FGCC) is an intermediate holding company of SMFG to hold shares of Sumitomo Mitsui Card Co., Ltd., and Cedyna Financial Corporation. FGCC is the core company responsible for implementing SMFG’s credit card strategy and establishing uniform business policies.
SMFG, through the Treasury Unit of SMBC, seeks to offer services to meet the needs of its customers for transactions in the money, foreign exchange, bond and derivatives markets. The Company’s subsidiaries include Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Card Company, Limited, Sumitomo Mitsui Finance and Leasing Company, Limited, The Japan Research Institute, Limited, SMBC Friend Securities Co., Ltd., SMFG Card & Credit, Inc. and SMM Auto Finance, Inc. In September 2009, Citigroup Inc. completed the sale of Nikko Cordial Securities to Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group, Inc.'s subsidiary, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc
SMBC Head office Bldg.
CHIYODA-KU TKY 100-0005
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 1-Japan lender SMFG's profit better than own forecast, ups dividend
- Japan Sumitomo Mitsui Fin annual profit dips but beats own forecast
- INDONESIA PRESS-Bank Sumitomo Mitsui Indonesia issues 1 trillion rph medium-term notes-Kontan
- UPDATE 1-Japan Sumitomo Mitsui's Q3 net up on QE boost to brokerage business
- Japan's Sumitomo Mitsui 9-month net dips on weaker brokerage business