Profile: Apollo Education Group Inc (APOL.O)
9 Dec 2013
Apollo Education Group Inc, formerly Apollo Group, Inc. incorporated on June 30, 1981, is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services both online and on-campus at the undergraduate, master’s and doctoral levels through its wholly owned subsidiaries, The University of Phoenix, Inc. (University of Phoenix); Institute for Professional Development (IPD); The College for Financial Planning Institutes Corporation (CFFP), and Meritus University, Inc. (Meritus). The also formed a joint venture with The Carlyle Group (Carlyle), called Apollo Global, Inc. (Apollo Global), to pursue investments primarily in the international education services industry. As of August 31, 2011, the Company owned 85.6% of Apollo Global, with Carlyle owning the remaining 14.4%. During the year ended December 31, 2011, the Other Schools segment includes IPD and CFFP, as well as Meritus University, Inc. (Meritus), which ceased operations.
The Company offers educational programs and services through the wholly owned subsidiaries of Apollo Global, BPP Holdings plc (BPP) in the United Kingdom, Western International University, Inc. (Western International University) in the United States; Universidad de Artes, Ciencias y Comunicacion (UNIACC) in Chile, and Universidad Latinoamericana (ULA) in Mexico. University of Phoenix offers associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in a variety of program areas. University of Phoenix offers its educational programs worldwide through its online education delivery system and at its campus locations and learning centers in 40 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. University of Phoenix’s online programs are designed to provide uniformity with University of Phoenix’s on-campus programs.
IPD provides program development, administration and management consulting services to private colleges and universities (Client Institutions) to establish or expand their programs for working learners. These services typically include degree program design, curriculum development, market research, student admissions services, accounting, and administrative services. CFFP provides financial services education programs, including a Master of Science in three majors, and certification programs in retirement, asset management, and other financial planning areas. CFFP offers these programs online. BPP offers professional training through schools located in the United Kingdom, a European network of BPP offices, and the sale of books and other publications globally. BPP University College, comprised of BPP Law School and BPP Business School, is has been granted degree awarding powers in the United Kingdom.
Western International University offers associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees in a range of program areas as well as certificate programs. Western International University offers its undergraduate program courses at its Arizona campus locations and online at Western International University Interactive Online. Western International University was previously a wholly-owned subsidiary of Apollo. UNIACC is accredited by the Chilean Council of Higher Education (Consejo Superior de Educacion). UNIACC is an arts and communications university which offers bachelor’s and master’s degree programs on campuses in Chile and online.
ULA carries authorization from Mexico’s Ministry of Public Education (Secretaria de Educacion Publica), from the National Autonomous University of Mexico (Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico) for its high school and undergraduate psychology and law programs and by the Ministry of Education of the State of Morelos (Secretaria de Educacion del Estado de Morelos) for its medicine and nutrition programs. ULA offers degree programs at its four campuses throughout Mexico. The Apollo Global Other segment includes Western International University, UNIACC, ULA and Apollo Global corporate operations.
Apollo Education Group Inc
# CF-K815, 4025 S. Riverpoint Pa
PHOENIX AZ 85040-0723
Company Web Links
- Mittal's Aperam ups bid for Outokumpu's Italian steel mill
- UPDATE 1-Outlook for education stocks brightens after Apollo results
- Apollo bid for Cooper at risk unless price is cut: sources
- UPDATE 1-Apollo bid for Cooper at risk unless price is cut-sources
- Apollo lenders unlikely to back Cooper deal without price cut-sources