Profile: American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc (AXL.N)
28 Apr 2017
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AAM), incorporated on May 15, 1998, manufactures, engineers, designs and validates driveline and drivetrain systems and related components and chassis modules for light trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), crossover vehicles, passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The Company's driveline and drivetrain systems include components that transfer power from the transmission and deliver it to the drive wheels. The Company's driveline, drivetrain and related products include axles, driveheads, chassis modules, driveshafts, power transfer units, transfer cases, chassis and steering components, transmission parts, electric drive systems and metal-formed products.
The Company's EcoTrac Disconnecting all-wheel drive (AWD) system technology engages AWD functionality while improving fuel efficiency and reducing carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. The Company also develops and manufactures axle systems through the use of technologies to optimize product design and lubrication management, while also reducing friction. The Company's subsidiary, e-AAM Driveline Systems AB (e-AAM), engineers and develops battery electric and hybrid driveline systems to be commercialized for crossover vehicles and passenger cars. Its technologies include Quantum axles, PowerLite axles, PowerDense gears and PowerFilm lubricant for passenger car, light truck and AWD applications. As of April 6, 2017, the Company operated in 17 countries and had approximately 90 manufacturing, engineering and business office facilities around the world.
The Company competes with Dana Holding Corporation, GKN plc, Magna International Inc., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Linamar Corporation and Meritor Inc.
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc
1 Dauch Dr
DETROIT MI 48211-1198
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-American Securities Partners reports 23.8 pct stake in American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc enters into a credit agreement
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing, Metaldyne Performance Group received approval of co's previously announced acquisition of MPG
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings - shareholder class action lawsuit was filed against Metaldyne Performance Group
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing CEO David Dauch's 2016 total compensation was $11.1 mln