Profile: American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc (AXL.N)
17 Feb 2017
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (AAM), incorporated on May 15, 1998, manufactures, engineers, designs and validates driveline and drivetrain systems, and related components, and chassis modules for light trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), passenger cars, crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles. The Company supplies its products to automotive industry. The Company's driveline and drivetrain systems include components that transfer power from the transmission and deliver it to the drive wheels. Its driveline, drivetrain and related products include axles, driveheads, chassis modules, driveshafts, power transfer units, transfer cases, chassis and steering components, transmission parts, electric drive systems and metal-formed products. The Company operates through the manufacture, engineer, design and validation of driveline systems and related components, and chassis modules for light trucks, SUVs, passenger cars, crossover vehicles and commercial vehicles segment. The Company operates in over 10 countries and has approximately 40 manufacturing, engineering and business office facilities around the world.
The Company has developed and commercialized a disconnecting all-wheel drive (AWD) system. AAM's EcoTrac Disconnecting AWD system is a technology that engages AWD functionality for fuel efficiency and reduces carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions. AAM also develops and manufactures axle systems through the use of technologies to product design and lubrication management, while also reducing friction. The Company's subsidiary, e-AAM Driveline Systems AB (e-AAM), engineers and develops battery electric and hybrid driveline systems to be commercialized for passenger cars and crossover vehicles. The Company's technologies include PowerLite axles, PowerDense gears and PowerFilm lubricant for passenger car, light truck and AWD applications.
The Company competes with Dana Holding Corporation, GKN plc, Magna International Inc., ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Linamar Corporation and Meritor Inc.
American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc
1 Dauch Dr
DETROIT MI 48211-1198
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing says waiting period for U.S. antitrust review under Hart-Scott-Rodino expired in connection with Metaldyne Performance Group deal
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings sees 2017 net sales of about $4.1 billion - $4.2 billion
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings sees 2017 U.S. SAAR of about 17.5 mln units
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings targeting sales CAGR in a range of 3-5 pct during period 2017 - 2019
- BRIEF-American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc - will be obligated to pay termination fee to MPG