Profile: Baxter International Inc (BAX)
20 Jan 2017
Baxter International Inc., incorporated on October 19, 1931, through its subsidiaries, provides a portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile intravenous (IV) solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics, and pharmacy automation, software and services. The Company operates through two segments: Hospital Products and Renal. The Company's products are used by hospitals, kidney dialysis centers, nursing homes, rehabilitation centers, doctors' offices and by patients at home under physician supervision. The Company manufactures products in approximately 30 countries and sells them in approximately 120 countries.
The Company's Hospital Products business manufactures IV solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics, and biosurgery products. The business also provides products and services related to pharmacy compounding, and drug formulation. The Renal business provides products and services to treat end-stage renal disease, or irreversible kidney failure and acute kidney injuries. The Renal business offers a portfolio to meet the needs of patients across the treatment continuum, including technologies and therapies for peritoneal dialysis (PD), in-center hemodialysis (HD), home HD (HHD), continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT) and additional dialysis services.
Baxter International Inc
One Baxter Pkwy, Df2-1W
DEERFIELD IL 60015-4625
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Baxter's renal therapy services significantly reduced peritonitis infections among home dialysis patients
- Baxter to pay $18 million over mold at North Carolina plant
- UPDATE 2-Baxter to pay $18 mln over mold at North Carolina plant
- BRIEF-Baxter presented exploratory research on the removal of inflammation-related molecules during extracorporeal blood purification therapy
- BRIEF-Baxter declares quarterly dividend and announces expanded share repurchase authorization