Profile: Barclays PLC (BCS.N)
Barclays PLC, incorporated on July 20, 1896, is a global financial services holding company. The Company is engaged in credit cards, wholesale banking, investment banking, wealth management and investment management services. The Company's segments include Barclays UK and Barclays International. The Company's Barclays UK segment includes the local consumer, small business, the United Kingdom wealth and credit cards business.
The Barclays UK is the Company's consumer and business bank in the United Kingdom. Its Barclays UK is the ring-fenced bank for the United Kingdom, providing transactional, lending and investment products and services to over 24 million Personal, Wealth and Business Banking customers and clients. Barclays UK provides diversification to the Company with its balance of products and services in the United Kingdom banking sector. It is the contributor to margin-led income for the Company.
Barclays International includes the corporate banking franchise, the Investment Bank, the United States and international cards business and international wealth management. The Barclays International segment is its transatlantic wholesale and consumer bank.
Canary Wharf, 1 Churchill Place
LONDON E14 5HP
Company Web Links
- Exclusive: SEC officials' holdings, legal work, pose potential conflicts
- BRIEF-ISS and Barclays agree extension of global facility services partnership until 2022
- Cox: Qatar kerfuffle could tip Aramco to New York
- Barclays Bank of Kenya's H1 pretax profit down 12 pct
- Barclays closures add to toll of vanishing British bank branches