Profile: Computer Sciences Corp (CSC)
28 Mar 2017
Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC), incorporated on April 16, 1959, is a global provider of information technology (IT) and professional services and solutions. The Company operates through two segments: Global Business Services (GBS) and Global Infrastructure Services (GIS). CSC has operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Global Business Services
The Global Business Services segment provides various technology solutions, including consulting, applications services and software. GBS has three primary growth engines: end-to-end applications services, consulting services, big data services and industry-aligned software and solutions. Its applications services optimize clients' business and technical environments, enabling clients to capitalize on emerging services, such as cloud, mobility and big data within new commercial models, such as the as-a-Service and digital economies. The consulting business enables organizations to transform through a combination of industry, business process, technology, systems integration and change management. The industry aligned software and solutions growth is focused on the insurance, banking, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing and other industries. The activities are primarily related to vertical alignment of software solutions and process-based intellectual property.
Global Infrastructure Services
The Global Infrastructure Services segment provides managed and virtual desktop solutions, unified communications and collaboration services, data center management, cyber security, compute and managed storage solutions to commercial clients across the globe. GIS also delivers CSC's various cloud offerings, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), private cloud solutions, CloudMail and Storage as a Service (SaaS).
The Company competes with Amazon Web Services.
Computer Sciences Corp
1775 Tysons Blvd
TYSONS CORNER VA 22102-4284
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Computer Sciences says shareholders have voted to approve proposed merger with enterprise services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Fitch Rates Everett SpinCo 'BBB+' & Upgrades Computer Sciences Corp. to 'BBB+' Ahead of Merger
- BRIEF-Computer Sciences says on Feb 10 entered into an Amended and Restated Intellectual Property Matters Agreement with CSRA Inc
- BRIEF-Board of directors named for new company formed from merger of CSC and Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- BRIEF-Computer Sciences Q3 earnings per share $0.21 from continuing operations