Profile: Delhaize Group SA (DELB.BR)
DELB.BR on Brussels Stock Exchange
Change (% chg)
Delhaize Group SA is a Belgium-based food retailer. The Company operates through three segments: the United States, including Food Lion and Hannaford banners; Belgium, including Delhaize Le Lion and AD Delhaize banners, and Southeastern Europe (SEE), including Alfa Beta, Mega Image and Shop&Go banners. The Company is principally engaged in the operation of food supermarkets through Company-operated, affiliated and franchised stores. Affiliated stores are with its banners that are operated by independent third parties to whom the Company sells its products at wholesale prices. Its store network also includes other store formats, such as proximity, cash and carry, and specialty stores. The Company has stores located in the United States (Northeast, Southeast and Mid-Atlantic), Belgium, Luxembourg, Greece, Serbia, Romania and Indonesia. The Company operates over 3,510 stores. The Company in Indonesia operates through its interest in Super Indo and includes approximately 130 stores.
Delhaize Group SA
Square Marie Curie 40
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Delhaize Group to sell pet food chain Tom&Co
- Ahold first quarter beats as sales, margins rise; Delhaize merger 'on track'
- UPDATE 1-Ahold Q1 beats as sales, margins rise; Delhaize merger "on track"
- Delhaize beats profit expectations on cost savings, strong SE Europe
- BRIEF-Delhaize Group Q1 underlying operating profit up 26 pct at 221 million euros