Profile: Brinker International Inc (EAT.N)
14 Mar 2014
Brinker International, Inc. (Brinker), incorporated on September 30, 1983, owns, develops, operates and franchises the Chili’s Grill & Bar (Chili’s) and Maggiano’s Little Italy (Maggiano’s) restaurant brands. As of June 27, 2013 (fiscal 2013), the Company's system of Company-owned and franchised restaurants included 1,591 restaurants located in 50 states, and Washington, D.C. It also has restaurants in the Bahrain, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Germany, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Peru, Philippines, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, Syria, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates and Venezuela.
Chili’s Grill & Bar
Chili’s operates in the Bar and Grill category of casual dining. The Company has operations worldwide, with locations in 32 foreign countries and two United States territories. Chili’s menu features items, such as Baby Back Ribs smoked in-house, Big Mouth Burgers, Sizzling Fajitas, hand-battered Chicken Crispers and house-made Chips and Salsa. The all-day menu offers a range of appetizers, entrees and desserts. A special lunch section is available on weekdays. In addition to its flavorful food, Chili’s offers a line of alcoholic beverages available from the bar, including Margaritas and draft beer. During fiscal 2013, food and non-alcoholic beverage sales constituted approximately 86.1% of Chili’s total restaurant revenues, with alcoholic beverage sales accounted for the remaining 13.9%.
Maggiano’s Little Italy
Maggiano’s is a full-service, casual dining Italian restaurant brand. Its Maggiano’s restaurants feature individual and family-style menus, and its restaurants also have banquet facilities designed to host party business or social events. It has lunch and dinner menu offering chef-prepared, classic Italian-American fare in the form of appetizers, entrees with portions of pasta, chicken, seafood, veal and prime steaks, and desserts. The Company’s Maggiano’s restaurants also offer a range of alcoholic beverages, including wines. In addition, Maggiano’s offers a full carryout menu, as well as local delivery services. During fiscal 2013, food and non-alcoholic beverage sales constituted approximately 83.0% of Maggiano’s total restaurant revenues, with alcoholic beverage sales accounted for the remaining 17.0%.
Brinker International Inc
6820 LBJ Freeway
DALLAS TX 75240
Company Web Links
- Chili's menu additions bring back diners, boost Brinker sales
- UPDATE 2-Chili's menu additions bring back diners, boost Brinker sales
- UPDATE 1-Brinker's results beat estimates as Chili's sales grow
- Chili's owner Brinker's quarterly results beat estimates
- UPDATE 2-Brinker's results hit by weak sales at Chili's chain