Profile: Emmis Communications Corp (EMMS.O)
8 Dec 2016
Emmis Communications Corporation, incorporated on July 17, 1986, is a media company, which is focused on radio broadcasting. The Company operates through three business segments: Radio, Publishing, and Corporate & Emerging Technologies. The Company owns approximately 20 frequency modulation (FM) and over four amplitude modulation (AM) radio stations in New York, Los Angeles, St. Louis, Austin, Indianapolis and Terre Haute, Indiana. One of the FM radio stations that the Company owns in New York is operated pursuant to a local marketing agreement (LMA) whereby a third party provides the programming for the station and sells all advertising within that programming.
The Company publishes various city and regional magazines. The Company's publishing operations consist of Texas Monthly, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Indianapolis Monthly, Cincinnati and Orange Coast. It also operates Digonex Technologies, Inc., a pricing business. The Company also develops and licenses TagStation, a cloud-based software platform that allows a broadcaster to manage album art, meta data and enhanced advertising on its various broadcasts, and developed NextRadio, a smartphone application that marries over-the-air FM radio broadcasts with visual and interactive features on smartphones.
Emmis Communications Corp
40 Monument Cir Ste 700
INDIANAPOLIS IN 46204-3011
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Emmis announces deal to sell Terre Haute radio stations in three transactions
- BRIEF-Emmis announces second quarter earnings
- BRIEF-Smulyan delivers letter to committee of disinterested directors of Emmis Communications
- BRIEF-Moody's - Emmis buyout would lead to increase in leverage levels
- BRIEF-Emmis receives takeover proposal from E Acquisition Corp