Profile: Esperion Therapeutics Inc (ESPR.OQ)
Esperion Therapeutics, Inc., incorporated on January 22, 2008, is a lipid management company. The Company is a late-stage pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing once-daily, oral therapies for the treatment of patients with elevated low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C). With a targeted mechanism of action, bempedoic acid, the Company's lead product candidate, is an orally available, once-daily adenosine triphosphate (ATP)-citrate lyase (ACL) inhibitor that reduces cholesterol biosynthesis and lowers elevated levels of LDL-C by up-regulating the LDL receptor, but with reduced potential for muscle-related side effects. In addition to bempedoic acid as monotherapy, the Company is also developing bempedoic acid in a fixed dose combination with ezetimibe, an approved, non-statin, oral, LDL-C lowering therapy.
As of December 31, 2016, the Company had completed Phase II clinical studies of bempedoic acid. As of December 31, 2016, the Company was engaged in conducting its global Phase III clinical development program for bempedoic acid.
Esperion Therapeutics Inc
3891 Ranchero Dr Ste 150
ANN ARBOR MI 48108-2837
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Esperion reports Q1 net loss per common share $1.80
- BRIEF-Boxer Capital reports 5.3 pct passive stake in Esperion Therapeutics
- Wall Street sinks on fears of delays to Trump tax cuts |
- BRIEF-Esperion announces FDA confirmation to approval for an LDL-C lowering indication for bempedoic acid
- BRIEF-Esperion initiates of phase 2 triplet oral therapy study