Profile: GrafTech International Ltd (GTI.N)

GTI.N on New York Stock Exchange

5.03USD
28 Jul 2015
Change (% chg)

$0.01 (+0.20%)
Prev Close
$5.02
Open
$5.02
Day's High
$5.06
Day's Low
$5.02
Volume
260,562
Avg. Vol
535,131
52-wk High
$9.66
52-wk Low
$3.32

Search Stocks

GrafTech International Ltd (GTI), incorporated on April 26, 2010, is a manufacturer of graphite electrodes, products essential to the production of electric arc furnace (EAF) steel and various other ferrous and nonferrous metals. The Company also produces needle coke products, which are the primary raw material needed in the manufacture of graphite electrodes. The Company also manufactures carbon, graphite, and semi-graphite refractory products, which protect the walls of blast furnaces and submerged arc furnaces. The Company is manufactures and provides graphite and carbon materials used in the transportation, solar and oil and gas exploration industries. The Company's operating segments include Industrial Materials, which include graphite electrodes, refractory products and needle coke products, and Engineered Solutions, which includes advanced electronics technologies, advanced graphite materials, advanced composite materials, and advanced materials. The Company has seven product categories: graphite electrodes, refractory products, needle coke products, advanced graphite materials, advanced composite materials, advanced electronics technologies (formerly referred to as natural graphite products), and advanced materials.

Industrial Materials

The Company’s Industrial Materials segment manufactures and delivers graphite electrodes, refractory products and needle coke products. Approximately 70% of the Company's graphite electrodes sold is consumed in the EAF steel melting process. The remaining approximately 30% of the Company's graphite electrodes sold is primarily used in various other ferrous and non-ferrous melting applications, including steel refining ladle furnace operations for both EAF and basic oxygen furnace steel production, fused materials, chemical processing, and alloy metals. The Company is a producer of petroleum needle coke. Needle coke is the raw material in the manufacture of the graphite electrodes used in melting operations. The Company is also a leading global supplier of carbon, semi-graphitic and graphite refractory hearth linings for blast and submerged arc furnaces used to produce iron and ferro alloys.

The Company competes with SGL Carbon A.G. (Germany), Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. (Japan), Showa Denko Carbon K.K. (Japan), Graphite India Limited (India), HEG Limited (India), SEC Corporation Limited (Japan), Nippon Carbon Co., Ltd. (Japan), Energoprom Group (Russia), Beijing FangDa Carbon Tech Co. Ltd. (China), Nantong Guangtan Carbon Industry Co. Ltd (China), Kaifeng Carbon Co., Ltd. (China) and Sinosteel Corporation (China), Conoco Philips, Petrocokes Japan Limited (Japan), Mitsubishi Chemical Company, Baosteel Group (China), C-Chem Co., Ltd. (Japan), Indian Oil Company Limited, Hongte Chemical Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. (China), JX Holdings Inc. (Japan), Petrochina International Jinzhou Co., Ltd. (China) and Sinosteel Anshan Research Institute of Thermo-Energy Co. Ltd. (China).

Engineered Solutions

The Engineered Solutions segment includes advanced electronics technologies, advanced graphite materials, advanced composite materials and advanced materials. Advanced electronics technology products consist of electronic thermal management solutions, fuel cell components, and sealing materials. These products are used in transportation, alternative energy, metallurgical, chemical, oil and gas exploration and various other industries. Advanced composite materials are engineered carbon products that are woven into various shapes to primarily support the aerospace and defense industries. Advanced materials use carbon and graphite powders as components or additives in a variety of industries, including metallurgical processing, battery and fuel cell components, and polymer additives.

The Company competes with SGL Carbon A.G. (Germany), Mersen S.A. (France), Tokai Carbon Co., Ltd. (Japan), Toyo Tanso Co., Ltd. (Japan), SEC Carbon Ltd. (Japan), Nippon Carbon Co. Ltd (Japan), Graphite India Ltd. (India), Panasonic Corporation (Japan) and Kaneka Corporation (Japan).

Company Address

GrafTech International Ltd

6100 Oak Tree Blvd
INDEPENDENCE   OH   44131-2544
P: +1216.6762000
F: +1302.6555049

Company Web Links

Search Stocks