Profile: Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP.N)
23 May 2017
Great Plains Energy Incorporated (Great Plains Energy), incorporated on February 26, 2001, is a utility holding company. The Company operates through electric utility segment. The Company's subsidiaries with operations include Kansas City Power & Light Company (KCP&L) and KCP&L Greater Missouri Operations Company (GMO). KCP&L is an integrated, regulated electric utility that provides electricity to customers primarily in the states of Missouri and Kansas. Kansas City Power & Light Receivables Company (KCP&L Receivables Company) is the KCP&L's subsidiary. GMO is an integrated, regulated electric utility that provides electricity to customers in the state of Missouri. GMO also provides regulated steam service to certain customers in the St. Joseph, Missouri area. GMO's subsidiaries include GMO Receivables Company and MPS Merchant Services, Inc. (MPS Merchant). As of December 31, 2016, electric utility had approximately 6,500 megawatts (MWs) of owned generating capacity.
The Company owns GPE Transmission Holding Company, LLC (GPETHC). GPETHC has approximately 13.5% interest in Transource Energy, LLC (Transource) with the remaining 86.5% owned by AEP Transmission Holding Company, LLC (AEPTHC). GPETHC accounts for its investment in Transource under the equity method. Transource is focused on the development of competitive electric transmission projects. The electric utility segment consists of KCP&L, a regulated utility, GMO's regulated utility operations and GMO Receivables Company. As of December 31, 2016, electric utility served approximately 846,100 customers located in western Missouri and eastern Kansas. As of December 31, 2016, its customers included approximately 753,500 residences, 99,700 commercial firms and 2,500 industrials, municipalities and other electric utilities. As of December 31, 2016, KCP&L served approximately 534,400 customers located in western Missouri and eastern Kansas. As of December 31, 2016, its customers included approximately 471,900 residences, 60,500 commercial firms, and 2,000 industrials, municipalities and other electric utilities.
Great Plains Energy Inc
1200 Main St
KANSAS CITY MO 64105-2122
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Kansas Corp Commission denies Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy petition for reconsideration
- Great Plains, Westar seek time to rescue $12.2 bln utility tie-up
- BRIEF-Great Plains Energy Q1 loss per share $0.11
- BRIEF-Great Plains Energy and Westar Energy file petition with KCC
- BRIEF-Great Plains Energy announces rescheduled date for Q1 2017 earnings