Profile: Lundin Mining Corp (LUN.TO)

LUN.TO on Toronto Stock Exchange

4.53CAD
28 Jul 2015
Change (% chg)

$0.21 (+4.86%)
Prev Close
$4.32
Open
$4.42
Day's High
$4.55
Day's Low
$4.39
Volume
2,429,412
Avg. Vol
2,629,776
52-wk High
$6.56
52-wk Low
$3.68

Search Stocks

Lundin Mining Corporation, incorporated on July 31, 2007, is a Canada-based mining company. The Company is engaged in mining, exploration and development of mineral properties, such as base metals, primarily in Chile, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the United States and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). The Company produces copper, zinc, lead and nickel.

Candelaria

The Candelaria mine produce copper concentrates from one open pit and three underground mines located near Copiapo in the Atacama Province, Region III of Chile. Compania Contractual Minera Candelaria (CCMC) consists of an open pit mine and an underground mine, Candelaria Norte, providing copper ore to an on-site concentrator with a capacity of 75,000 tons per day. Compania Contractual Minera Ojos del Salado (CCMO) consists of two underground mines, Santos and Alcaparrosa. The Santos mine provides copper ore to an on-site concentrator with a capacity of 3,800 tons per day, while ore from the Alcaparrosa mine is treated at the CCMC concentrator. The Company holds an 80% ownership interest in Candelaria with the remaining 20 % interest is held by Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd and Sumitomo Corporation.

Eagle Mine

The Eagle Mine consists of the Eagle underground mine, located approximately 55 kilometers northwest of Marquette, Michigan, United States and the Humboldt mill, located 45 kilometers west of Marquette in Champion, Michigan. The property is on the watershed divide of the Yellow Dog River and Salmon Trout Rivers. The Eagle deposit is a magmatic sulphide deposit containing nickel and copper mineralization and minor amounts of cobalt, precious and platinum group metals (PGMs). Three types of sulphide mineralization occur at the Eagle deposit, which are described as disseminated, semi-massive and massive sulphide. Massive sulphide is over 90% pyrrhotite-pentlandite-chalcopyrite. Semi-massive, or matrix ore, is 30% or greater net textured sulphide. The Eagle nickel/copper mine is a wholly owned operating asset of the Company.

Neves-Corvo Mine

The Neves-Corvo is an underground mine, located 100 kilometers north of Faro, Portugal, in the western part of the Iberian Pyrite Belt. The mine treats zinc ores. The facilities include a shaft with a total hoisting capacity of up to 4.7 million tons per annum (mtpa), a copper plant with 2.5 mtpa processing capacity and a zinc plant with 1.2 mtpa processing capacity. The zinc plant processes zinc or copper ores. Six sulphide lenses have been defined at Neves-Corvo comprising Neves (divided into North and South), Corvo, Graca, Zambujal, Lombador (divided North, South and East), and Semblana. The Neves-Corvo copper/zinc mine is a wholly owned operating asset of the Company.

Zinkgruvan Mine

The Zinkgruvan mine is located approximately 250 kilometers south-west of Stockholm, Sweden. Zinkgruvan produces zinc, lead and silver. The operation consists of an underground mine, processing facilities and associated infrastructure with a nominal production capacity of 1.3 million tons of ore. The Zinkgruvan zinc/lead mine is a wholly owned operating asset of the Company.

Aguablanca Mine

The Aguablanca nickel-copper mine is located in the province of Badajoz, 80 kilometers to Seville, Spain, and 140 kilometers from a seaport at Huelva. The operations on Aguablanca Mine consist of an open pit mine, an underground mine in development, and an on-site processing facility (milling and flotation) with a production capacity of 1.9 million tons per annum. The Aguablanca nickel/copper mine is a wholly owned operating asset of the Company.

Tenke Fungurume

Tenke Fungurume is a copper-cobalt mine located in the southern part of Katanga Province, Democratic Republic of Congo. The Company holds a 24% equity interest in the mine. Freeport-McMoRan Inc. is the operating partner and holds a 56% interest in the mine. Gecamines, the Congolese state mining company, holds a 20% carried interest in the mine.

Freeport Cobalt

Freeport Cobalt is a large scale cobalt chemical refinery located in Kokkola. The Company holds an effective 24% ownership interest in the joint venture, with Freeport holding an effective 56% ownership interest and acting as operator of the joint venture and Gecamines holding a 20% interest. The refinery located on the Baltic Sea in Finland processes unrefined cobalt and related metals and manufactures advanced inorganic products for use in a variety of applications in fast-growing end use markets.

Company Address

Lundin Mining Corp

#1500 - 150 King Street West,
P.O. Box 38
TORONTO   ON   M5H 1J9
P: +1416.3425560
F: +1416.3480303

Company Web Links

Search Stocks