Profile: Meritage Homes Corp (MTH.N)
24 May 2017
Meritage Homes Corporation, incorporated on May 26, 1988, operates as a holding company. The Company is a designer and builder of single-family homes. The Company operates through two segments: homebuilding and financial services. The homebuilding segment is engaged in the business of acquiring and developing land, constructing homes, marketing and selling those homes, and providing warranty and customer services. The Company builds homes in the regions of the United States and offers a range of homes that are designed for a range of homebuyers, including first-time, move-up, active adult and luxury.
As of December 31, 2016, the Company had homebuilding operations in three regions: West, Central and East, which were consisted of nine states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Texas, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. It also operates Carefree Title Agency, Inc. (Carefree Title) company. Carefree Title's core business includes title insurance and closing/settlement services it offers to its homebuyers. Its homebuilding and marketing activities are conducted under the name of Meritage Homes in each of its homebuilding markets. It also offers luxury homes in some markets under the name of Monterey Homes. At December 31, 2016, it had sold homes in 243 communities. Its properties also include Carillon, Canyon Falls, The Pinnacle at Waters Edge, Bellissima, Dominion and Stone Gate.
Meritage Homes Corp
8800 E Raintree Dr Ste 300
SCOTTSDALE AZ 85260-3966
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Meritage homes announces pricing of 5.125% senior unsecured notes due 2027
- BRIEF-Meritage Homes Corp intends to use net proceeds from offering for repayment of outstanding borrowings
- BRIEF-Meritage Homes reports Q1 EPS $0.56
- BRIEF-Meritage Homes CEO Steven Hilton's FY 2016 total compensation was $7.36 mln
- BRIEF-Sanders Capital reports 9.19 percent passive stake in Meritage Homes Corp as of Dec 31, 2016