Profile: Nevsun Resources Ltd (NSU.A)
27 Feb 2017
Nevsun Resources Ltd., incorporated on July 19, 1965, is a mining company. The Company is engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and operation of mineral property interests. The Company's segment is the mining business in Africa. The Company's principal property is the Bisha Property which hosts a gold, copper and zinc deposit, and includes satellite volcanogenic massive sulfides (VMS) deposits at Harena, Northwest, Hambok, Aderat and Asheli. The Company's principal mining operation is the Bisha Mine which is located on the Bisha Property. The Company owns the Mogoraib River Exploration License, which covers an area of approximately 41.1 square kilometers.
The Bisha Mine is located approximately 150 kilometers west of Asmara, over 40 kilometers southwest of the regional town of Akurdat and approximately 50 kilometers north of Barentu, the regional or zone Administration Centre of the GashBarka District, in Eritrea. The Company's onsite infrastructure includes the Bisha and Harena open pits, a process plant (crushers and primary and secondary grinding mills; leach, flotation, thickener and other tanks, and filter presses), a wet tailings facility and waste rock storage facilities, offices, maintenance and laboratory facilities, fuel storage areas, an on-site power plant, an 800-person camp and an airstrip.
Nevsun Resources Ltd
760-669 Howe St
VANCOUVER BC V6C 0B4
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Nevsun announces 2016 results provides 2017 outlook, redeploys $120 million to fund Timok
- BRIEF-Nevsun Q3 shr $0.01
- CORRECTED-BRIEF-Nevsun says B.C. Supreme Court refused to permit claim against it to proceed as a common law class action
- UPDATE 1-Court finds Eritreans' case against Nevsun can proceed in Canada
- Court finds Canada is best jurisdiction for Eritreans' lawsuit against Nevsun