Profile: L'Oreal SA (OREP.PA)
OREP.PA on Paris Stock Exchange
21 Aug 2014
21 Aug 2014
Price Change (% chg)
L'Oreal SA is a France-based cosmetic group. It is structured into three branches.The Cosmetics branch is divided into four sectors: Consumer Products, Professional Products, Luxury Products and Active Cosmetics. Consumer Products are marketed under L’Oreal Paris, Garnier, among others. Professional Products, including hair care products for use by professional hairdressers, are marketed under Kerastase, Redken, Matrix and L’Oreal Professionnel. Luxury Products are sold under such brands as Lancome, Diesel, Giorgio Armani, Cacharel, among others. Active Cosmetics, which consists of products under Vichy and La Roche Posay brands, are for sale mainly in pharmacies. The Body Shop branch is focused on cosmetics on the basis of natural ingredients. The Dermatology branch consists of Galderma. In May and June 2014, it announced the acquisition of Decleor, Carita and NYX Cosmetics. In July 2014, it finalized the disposal of its 50% ownership in Galderma to Nestle.
Centre Eugene Schueller, 41 rue
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 3-Elizabeth Arden posts biggest ever loss as celebrity perfume sales fall
- UPDATE 2-Beiersdorf results disappoint as emerging markets stutter
- L'Oreal suffers 'sluggish growth' in United States
- UPDATE 1-L'Oreal suffers 'sluggish growth' in United States
- L'Oreal says suffers from sluggish growth in U.S.