Profile: PHH Corp (PHH)
30 Nov 2016
PHH Corporation (PHH), incorporated on December 9, 1953, is a non-bank mortgage originator and servicer of the United States residential mortgage loans. The Company conducts its business through two segments: Mortgage Production and Mortgage Servicing. Its Mortgage Production segment originates, purchases and sells mortgage loans through PHH Mortgage. The Mortgage Servicing segment services mortgage loans originated by PHH Mortgage and acts as a subservicer for certain clients that own the underlying servicing rights. Through its subsidiary, PHH Mortgage Corporation and its subsidiaries (PHH Mortgage), the Company provides outsourced mortgage banking services to various clients, including financial institutions and real estate brokers throughout the United States and are focused on originating, selling, and servicing and subservicing residential mortgage loans.
The Company's Mortgage Production segment provides private label mortgage services to financial institutions and real estate brokers. It generates revenue through fee-based mortgage loan origination services, and the origination and sale of mortgage loans into the secondary market. PHH Mortgage sells all saleable mortgage loans that it originates to secondary market investors, which include various institutional investors, and initially retains the servicing rights on mortgage loans sold. The mortgage loans are typically sold within 30 days of origination and classified as held for sale until sold. It source mortgage loans through its retail and wholesale/correspondent platforms. Within its retail platform, the Company operates through approximately two principal business channels, including private label and real estate. The Company offers complete mortgage outsourcing solutions to wealth management firms, regional banks and community banks, including Merrill Lynch Home Loans, a division of Bank of America, National Association, Morgan Stanley Private Bank, N.A. and HSBC Bank USA. Its real estate channel is primarily supported by its relationship with Realogy. The Company purchases closed mortgage loans from community banks, credit unions, mortgage brokers and mortgage bankers, and also acquires mortgage loans from mortgage brokers.
The Mortgage Production segment includes PHH Home Loans, which is a joint venture that it maintains with Realogy Corporation. The Company owns approximately 50.1% of PHH Home Loans through its subsidiaries and Realogy owns the remaining approximately 49.9% through their affiliates.
The Company's Mortgage Servicing segment services loans on behalf of the owners of the underlying mortgage, and the Company has limited exposure to credit risk. It generates revenue in its Mortgage Servicing segment through contractual fees earned from its servicing rights, which are a stated percentage of the unpaid principal balance of current, performing loans, or from its subservicing agreements, which are typically a stated fee per loan that varies based on the delinquency status.
The Company competes with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Chase Home Finance, Bank of America and CitiMortgage, Quicken Loans, Ocwen Financial Corporation, PennyMac Financial Services, JP Morgan Chase and Nationstar Mortgage Holdings, Inc.
3000 Leadenhall Rd
MOUNT LAUREL NJ 08054-4606
Company Web Links
- UPDATE 1-PHH to pay $28 mln fine to end New York mortgage probe
- BRIEF-PHH Corporation agrees to resolve concerns raised by the New York State Department of Financial Services
- PHH to pay $28 mln fine over mortgage practices, NY governor says
- BRIEF-PHH CORP - to complete evaluation of strategic alternatives by end of Jan
- BRIEF-PHH Corp issues statement in response to D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals opinion