Profile: PharmAthene Inc (PIP.A)
Pharmathene, Inc. (Pharmathene), incorporated on April 25, 2005, is a biodefense company. The Company focuses in development of medical counter measures against biological and chemical threats. The Company is involved in development of two next generation anthrax vaccines. The Company's anthrax vaccines use recombinant protective antigen (rPA) manufacturing processes.
The Company has terminated development of SparVax to focus on development of two next generation anthrax vaccines. SparVax was a liquid rPA anthrax vaccine designed to protect against inhalational anthrax, the lethal form of anthrax infection in humans. The Company's product portfolio includes recombinant butyrylcholinesterase (rBChE) bioscavenger, which is used in prevention and treatment of nerve agent poisoning. The Company has developed a recombinant form of human butyrylcholinesterase for pre- and post-exposure therapy to patients with nerve agent attacks. Its rBChE bioscavenger acts with mechanism, which includes reversal of the acute toxicity associated with organophosphate poisoning agents used in chemical warfare (cholinergic crisis). Its development program also includes Valortim for monoclonal human antibody treatment.
The Company competes with Emergent Biosolutions, Inc.
1 Park Pl Ste 450
ANNAPOLIS MD 21401-3481
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Pharmathene and Altimmune announce combined company approved for trading on Nasdaq
- BRIEF-Pharmathene files for mixed shelf of up to $100 Mln
- BRIEF-Pharmathene reports FY earnings per share $2.95
- BRIEF-Blank check company Matlin & Partners Acquisition Corp files for IPO of up to $300 million - SEC Filing
- BRIEF-Pharmathene to pay Altimmune termination fee of $2 mln upon termination of deal