Profile: Banco Popular Espanol SA (POP.MC)
POP.MC on Madrid SE C.A.T.S.
27 Feb 2017
27 Feb 2017
Change (% chg)
Banco Popular Espanol SA is a Spain-based commercial bank. The Bank divides its business into four segments: Commercial Banking, Corporate and Markets; Insurance Activity, and Asset Management. The Bank’s services and products include saving and current accounts, fixed-term deposits, investment funds, commercial and consumer loans, mortgages, cash management, financial assessment and other banking operations aimed at individuals and small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The Bank is a parent company of Grupo Banco Popular, a group which comprises a number of controlled entities, such as Targobank SA, GAT FTGENCAT 2005 FTA, Inverlur Aguilas I SL, Platja Amplaries SL, and Targoinmuebles SA, among others. In January 2014, the Company sold its entire 4.6% stake in Inmobiliaria Colonial SA during a restructuring of the property firm's capital.
Banco Popular Espanol SA
Calle Velazquez, 34 Esquina Goya
MADRID MAD 28001
Company Web Links
- Shareholders vent anger as Banco Popular changes guard
- BRIEF-Banco Popular says it would book capital gains if it sells its U.S. unit
- Spain's Popular targets in doubt after record 3.5 billion euro loss |
- BRIEF-Spain's Popular says could sell non-strategic assets abroad
- BRIEF-Spain's Banco Popular says does not need further capital hike