Profile: Banco Popular Espanol SA (POP.MC)
POP.MC on Madrid SE C.A.T.S.
Change (% chg)
Banco Popular Espanol SA is a Spain-based commercial bank. The Bank divides its business into four segments: Commercial Banking, Corporate and Markets; Insurance Activity, and Asset Management. The Bank’s services and products include saving and current accounts, fixed-term deposits, investment funds, commercial and consumer loans, mortgages, cash management, financial assessment and other banking operations aimed at individuals and small and medium enterprises (SMEs). The Bank is a parent company of Grupo Banco Popular, a group which comprises a number of controlled entities, such as Targobank SA, GAT FTGENCAT 2005 FTA, Inverlur Aguilas I SL, Platja Amplaries SL, and Targoinmuebles SA, among others. In January 2014, the Company sold its entire 4.6% stake in Inmobiliaria Colonial SA during a restructuring of the property firm's capital.
Banco Popular Espanol SA
Velazquez, 34 Esquina Goya 35
MADRID MAD 28001
Company Web Links
- Fitch Downgrades Popular's IDR to 'B'; Puts on Rating Watch Negative
- Banco Popular under pressure to merge as Spanish rescue unlikely
- REFILE-UPDATE 1-Banco Popular under pressure to merge as Spanish rescue unlikely
- Spanish government does not plan injection of public funds into Banco Popular
- BRIEF-Merlin buys its shares for 35 mln euros within divestment process carried out by Banco Popular