Profile: J Sainsbury PLC (SBRY.L)
SBRY.L on London Stock Exchange
22 Jul 2016
22 Jul 2016
Change (% chg)
J Sainsbury plc is engaged in grocery-related retailing and retail banking. The Company's segments include Retailing; Financial services, and Property investments. The Retailing segment is engaged in the operation of supermarkets and convenience. The Financial services segment includes the operations of Sainsbury's Bank plc (Sainsbury's Bank). The Property investments segment includes the Company's joint ventures with the British Land Company PLC and Land Securities Group PLC. The Company has approximately 2,000 food suppliers and over 1,000 non-food suppliers. The Company offers over 15,000 own-brand products and has approximately 770 convenience stores. The Company offers groceries under various categories, such as fruit and veg, meat and fish, dairy, chilled, bakery, frozen, food cupboard, drinks, health and beauty, baby, household, pet and home. Sainsbury's Bank provides a range of products, including insurances, credit cards, savings and loans.
J Sainsbury PLC
LONDON EC1N 2HT
Company Web Links
- UK's CMA not to probe Sainsbury's Home Retail deal further
- BRIEF-UK's CMA says not to investigate Sainsbury's acquisition of Home Retail
- Sainsbury's to create 900 jobs at first 'dark store'
- Scottish first minister says would not rule out staying in EU and UK
- Britain's Sainsbury's trials similar concept to Amazon's Prime Now