Profile: Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc (SGYP.O)
Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc., incorporated on February 11, 1992, is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of gastrointestinal (GI) therapies. The Company's product candidates include TRULANCE (plecanatide) and dolcanatide. The Company is engaged in the discovery, research and development efforts around analogs of uroguanylin for the treatment of GI diseases and disorders. TRULANCE is designed to replicate the function of uroguanylin. Dolcanatide is being evaluated for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
TRULANCE is approved in the United States under the trademark name TRULANCE, for the treatment of adults with chronic idiopathic constipation (CIC). In addition, it is developing TRULANCE for the treatment of adults with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C). Dolcanatide is designed to be an analog of uroguanylin with enhanced resistance to standard digestive breakdown by proteases in the intestine. It has demonstrated the potential anti-inflammatory role of uroguanylin and uroguanylin analogs in a number of preclinical colitis models. The Company has released Phase Ib data with dolcanatide in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, four-week study evaluating approximately 30 patients with mild-to-moderate ulcerative colitis.
The Company competes with Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Allergan plc, Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc., Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc., AstraZeneca, Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. and Shire, Plc.
Synergy Pharmaceuticals Inc
420 Lexington Ave Rm 2012
NEW YORK NY 10170-2099
Company Web Links
- BRIEF-Synergy Pharmaceuticals reports Q1 sales $100,000
- BRIEF-Synergy Pharmaceuticals says to present positive TRULANCE phase 3 data
- BRIEF-Synergy Pharmaceuticals appoints Gary Gemignani as chief financial officer
- BRIEF-Synergy Pharmaceuticals announces issuance of three new patents expected to extend Trulance patent protection until 2032
- BRIEF-Synergy Pharmaceuticals reports qtrly net loss per common share $0.31