Profile: SunCoke Energy Partners LP (SXCP.N)

SXCP.N on New York Stock Exchange

25.55USD
4:01pm EDT
Price Change (% chg)

$-0.54 (-2.07%)
Prev Close
$26.09
Open
$26.04
Day's High
$26.21
Day's Low
$25.55
Volume
422,572
Avg. Vol
15,008
52-wk High
$32.01
52-wk Low
$24.57

Search Stocks

SunCoke Energy Partners, L.P., incorporated on July 30, 2012, manufactures coke, which is used in the blast furnace production of steel. The Company's sponsor owns the remaining 35% interest in each of Haverhill and Middletown. The Company's sponsor, through its subsidiary, owns a 55.9% partnership interest in the Company owns and controls its general partner which holds a 2% general partner interest in the Company. The Company's cokemaking ovens utilize efficient, modern heat recovery technology designed to combust the coal's volatile components liberated during the cokemaking process and use the resulting heat to create steam or electricity for sale. The Company operates in cokemaking facilities located in Ohio. In September 2013, SunCoke Energy Partners, L.P completed its acquisition of Lakeshore Coal Handling Corporation. In October 2013, the Company acquired Kanawha River Terminals LLC (KRT). Effective May 9, 2014, the Company raised its interest to 98%, by acquiring a further 33% stake, in Haverhill Coke Co LLC.

The Company licenses this advanced heat recovery cokemaking process from its sponsor. The Company's sponsor designed, developed and built, and owns and operates five cokemaking facilities in the United States, including Haverhill and Middletown with an aggregate coke production capacity of approximately 4.2 million tons per year and designed and operates one cokemaking facility in Vitoria, Brazil with a coke production capacity of approximately 1.7 million tons per year. Approximately 90% or 17.5 million tons, was for blast furnace steelmaking operations and the remaining 10% was for foundry and other non-steelmaking operations. The Company's cokemaking capacity represents stated capacity for the production of blast furnace coke. The Middletown capacity on a run of oven basis is approximately 578,000 tons per year.

The first phase of the Company's Haverhill facility or Haverhill 1, includes steam generation facilities which use hot flue gas from the cokemaking process to produce steam. The steam is sold to a third-party pursuant to a steam supply and purchase agreement. The Company's Middletown facility and the second phase of the Company's Haverhill facility, or Haverhill 2, include cogeneration plants that use the hot flue gas created by the cokemaking process to generate electricity. The electricity is either sold into the regional power market or to AK Steel pursuant to energy sales agreements. The Company has Approximately 400 acres in Franklin Furnace (Scioto County), Ohio, on which the Haverhill cokemaking facility is located and 250 acres in Middletown (Butler County), Ohio near AK Steel’s Middletown Works facility, on which the Middletown cokemaking facility is located.

Company Address

SunCoke Energy Partners LP

Suite 600
1011 Warrenville Road
LISLE   IL   60532
P: +1630.8241000
F: +1302.6555049

Search Stocks